BAYCHI-UE Archives

ACM SIGCHI BayCHI SF Bay Area Usability Engineering (Announcements)

BAYCHI-UE@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

Sender:
"ACM SIGCHI BayCHI SF Bay Area Usability Engineering (Announcements)" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Mary Van Riper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jan 2009 00:04:59 -0800
To: [log in to unmask] cc: Jennifer Gove <[log in to unmask]>, "Hanson, Kaaren" <[log in to unmask]>
As you begin the new year, consider investing in your career by joining us
at the BayCHI Usability Engineering/ BayArea UPA meeting on Tuesday January
27th! We'll meet at Cisco Systems in San Jose, and learn about the latest
trends with Collaboration and Remote Testing.

Snacks and socializing begins at 6:45pm and our program begins at 7:15pm.
See below for more details.

We hope to see you there!

Mary VanRiper and Jenny Gove
BayCHI Usability Engineering BOF Co-Leaders
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Date: Tuesday, Jan 27th

Time: 6:45pm to 9:00pm

Topic: Collaboration and Remote Testing: Understanding Users From Afar

Presenters: Goli Jendreski, Lin Brown, Cordell Ratzlaff, Martin Hardee and
Alison Ruge;
                  Insight Research and Cisco Systems

Place: Cisco, Bldg J - Gateway Conference Center, 255 W Tasman Dr., San
Jose, CA 95134
            (Directions:
http://www.baychi.org/bof/usability/20090127/directions/ )

Abstract:
As companies expand globally, understanding the needs of remote users
becomes fundamental to the success of products. The future of the Internet
is one where collaborating with others becomes increasingly location
independent and where technology permits high quality remote communication.
How do you effectively involve remote users so you can leverage their
insights in product development and design?

You will learn about Web 2.0 collaboration methods and social trends we have
uncovered in our research. You will also gain insights about using remote
testing that will enable you to remove geographical barriers, while reducing
travel costs and maximizing your product potential. We will discuss the
latest and most effective remote testing tools and techniques, such as
Telepresence.
Presenter bio's: http://www.baychi.org/bof/usability/20090127/