BAYCHI-UE Archives

ACM SIGCHI BayCHI SF Bay Area Usability Engineering (Announcements)

BAYCHI-UE@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2012 22:02:22 -0800
From:
Franci McFarland <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
"ACM SIGCHI BayCHI SF Bay Area Usability Engineering (Announcements)" <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:
Invitation: Tuesday, March 20th BayCHI Design Research BOF Event

All,

Please join us Tuesday, March 20th, for our next BayCHI Design Research BOF meeting. Come learn about "Pass the iPad, Please – 5 Lessons for Creating Great Tablet Experiences", presented by Brennan Browne of AnswerLab

Meet at Citrix in Santa Clara at 6:30pm for snacks and socializing, and the presentation begins at 7:00pm. See more details below.

Everyone is welcome to attend this meeting. You do not need to be a member of BayCHI to attend this meeting. Please forward to anyone else you think might be interested.

We look forward to seeing you there!

Franci McFarland & Julie Baher, Co-Chairs of the BayCHI Design Research BOF

Pass the iPad, Please – 5 Lessons for Creating Great Tablet Experiences
Brennan Browne, AnswerLab

The tablet platform breaks the mold from certain commonly accepted paradigms on traditional computer and mobile platforms, and raises unique concerns and potential barriers to adoption in some areas. As a guide for developers, designers, and product managers, we have identified three key trends across our tablet UX research and provide five lessons for creating tablet experiences, as well as best practices for conducting tablet research.

Brennan Browne is a Senior UX Researcher with AnswerLab and has led hundreds of interviews with consumers in qualitative and ethnographic research. He also has experience conducting eyetracking research, quantitative data analysis, and other research methodologies both qualitative and quantitative in nature. In the past year, he has led projects to help clients optimize content, navigation, functionality, and personalization for mobile and tablet websites and apps. Brennan holds a B.A. in Economics and Geography from UCLA.

Complete abstract and bios:

http://www.baychi.org/bof/usability/20120320/

Directions:

http://www.baychi.org/bof/usability/20120320/directions/

Please note we recently changed our name from the Usability Engineering BOF. In the coming weeks the web site and email list will be updated to reflect our new name - in the meantime please pardon any disparities.

write to: mailto:[log in to unmask]
or click the following link:
http://listserv.acm.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ACMLPX.EXE?SUBED1=BAYCHI-UE&A=1