From:
Luigina Ciolfi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Luigina Ciolfi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jun 2009 14:05:41 +0100
Tweak is two! Currently in its second edition, Tweak is an
interactive art and live electronic music festival taking place in
Limerick City between the 21st and 26th of September 2009. Its aim is
to promote understanding of the use of technology within our culture
and to explore contemporary issues (social, economic, psychological,
aesthetic and functional).

The festival will consist of a 5-day exhibition, (interactive
artworks, robots and installations) comprising of artworks from
international and local artists, 3 days of workshops and many
evenings of live electronic performance.

Digital technology has become a medium that has redefined the arts
broading horizons and changing practices.  New works that explore
interactivity and the possibilities opened up by multimedia and
electronic technologies to create immersive experiences bring
physicality and play to the digital medium.

We call for submissions from artists and designers who’s work has
been labelled as ‘new media’, ‘physical computing’, ‘tangible
interfaces’, ‘digital media’, ‘techno craft’, amongst other titles
which attempt to define the field.

We are currently accepting proposals for the following categories:
Exhibition
Workshops
Live Electronic Performance
Cinematic Works
Listening Post

The call for submissions is open from April 15th to July 20th, 2009.
All submissions should have the participants name, work title and
technical specifications as well as a work abstract in English
(maximum of 200) and a brief biography(max of 200 words) about the
author. Group works should have all members listed on the entry form.
Please include links to video and photo documentation.

Submissions are open to professionals, researchers and design groups
of the digital medium.

To find out more visit www.tweak.ie email: [log in to unmask]

Dr. Luigina Ciolfi
Course Director, B.Sc. Digital Media Design
Interaction Design Centre, ER1 005
Dept. of Computer Science & Information
Systems, University of Limerick, Ireland
Tel. +353 61 213530
Fax. +353 61 213484
Skype: luigina.ciolfi
web: http://www.idc.ul.ie

P please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to