Call for Participation
the 10th International Conference on SIGNAL IMAGE TECHNOLOGY & INTERNET BASED SYSTEMS Marrakech, Morocco, Nov 23-27 2014
We kindly invite you to participate in SITIS 2014, a leading conference on technologies used to represent, share and process information in various forms, ranging from signal, image, and multimedia data to traditional structured data and semi-structured data found in the web. Registration is now open.
SITIS spans inter-related research domains that increasingly play a key role in connecting systems across network centric environments to allow distributed computing and information sharing.
SITIS aims to provide a forum for high quality presentations on research activities centered on three main tracks. The track titled "Signal & Image Technologies" (SIT) focuses on recent developments in digital signal processing and pays particular attention to evolutions in audiovisual signal processing, analysis, coding and authentication, and retrieval techniques.
The focus of the "Multimedia Information Retrieval and Application" (MIRA) is on emerging modeling, representation and retrieval techniques that take into account the amount, type and diversity of multimedia information accessible in distributed computing environment. The track titled "Web Computing and Applications" (WeCA) is on emerging and novel concepts, architectures and methodologies for information management, including the semantic web, big data, and cloud computing.
SITIS is also dedicated to bring together scientists from the world over, particularly from developing countries, to share and exchange knowledge, experience and research results. When the conference is hosted by research institutions in developing countries, a particular emphasis will be placed on the presentation of applied research, the organization of practical tutorials and workshops that may help address the information processing needs of these countries, and book give away sessions to allow conference attendees to donate books to the local institutions..
* BigCVEn - Big Data meets Cloud and Virtualized Environment
* CITIMA - Computational Intelligence Techniques for Industrial and Medical Applications
* COMI - Colour and Multispectral Imaging
* COMPLEX NETWORKS - Complex Networks and their Applications
* IEB - Insight on Eye Biometrics
* IWSAC - Security Assurance in the Cloud
* KARE - Knowledge Acquisition, Reuse and Evaluation
* QUAMUS - Quality of Multimedia Services
* UBIS - UBiquity & Information System
* VICTA - Visions on Internet of Cultural Things and Applications
The programme consists of 128 high quality presentations in 24 sessions.
There will be lots of opportunities for discussion and talks, for networking
and exchange of ideas. The full programme is available on the web site.
Key notes will be held by:
* Olivier MONGA, research director at IRD (France) formerly at INRIA
"Computational modelling of biological dynamics using 3D computer vision:
application to microbial decomposition in soil"
* Piet F. A. Van Mieghem, professor at the Delft University of Technology
with a chair in telecommunication networks and chairman of the section
Network Architectures and Services (NAS).
"Epidemics on networks"
A tutorial will be held by:
* Thierry Berthou, Project leader of a EUROSTARS project and Principal
Investigator of 2 FP6-IST projects
"COLOR SHADES® spectral filters arrays: a new dimension for multispectral
After Sorrento (Italy) 2012 and Kyoto (Japan) 2013, the 10th SITIS
conference will be held in the facilities of the Marrakech Hotel Semiramis,
Semlalia BP 525, Route de Casablanca, Marrakech.
Ideally located in a 4 hectare palm grove, the Marrakech Hotel Semiramis is
a few minutes away from the place Jemaa El Fna and the train station. The
Marrakech hotel offers you all you need to make your stay a wonderful
moment. We are happy to help you make your stay in Marrakech a pleasant
Registration is open now. Make sure to register soon at
* Kokou Yetongnon University of Bourgogne, France (Chair)
* Djamal Benslimane, University of Lyon, France
* Richard Chbeir University of Bourgogne, France
* Ernesto Damiani University of Milan, Italy
* Albert Dipanda University of Bourgogne, France
* Roch Glitho Concordia University, Canada
* Vincent Oria NJIT, USA
* Emmanuel Tonye ENSP, Cameroon
Workshop program chair
* Luigi Gallo, ICAR-CNR, Italy
Local Organizing Committee Chair
* Abdelaziz EL FAZZIKI, Cadi Ayyad University, Marrakesh, Morocco
Local Organizing Committee
* Mohammed SADGAL, Cadi Ayyad University, Marrakesh, Morocco
* El Hassan ABDELWAHED, Cadi Ayyad University, Marrakesh, Morocco
* Mehdi NAJIB, Cadi Ayyad University, Marrakesh, Morocco
* Zahi JARIR, Cadi Ayyad University, Marrakesh, Morocco
[log in to unmask]
For news of CHI books, courses & software, join CHI-RESOURCES
mailto: [log in to unmask]
To unsubscribe from CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS send an email to
mailto:[log in to unmask]
For further details of CHI lists see http://listserv.acm.org