Sender:
From:
Miltiadis Lytras <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2005 08:12:54 -0500
Dear All,

I am happy to announce that the inaugural double issue of the International
Journal of Knowledge and Learning, published by Inderscience, is available
from our official web site at <http://www.inderscience.com/ijkl/>. Click on
sample issue at the right side and feel free to download 12 papers that
cover a wide range of the Open Research Agenda of Knowledge and Learning
Management towards the Knowledge Society.
The Knowledge Society is the new context of our living and working. Towards
this milestone, the International Journal of Knowledge and Learning reveals
a scientific debate where academics, practitioners, researchers, policy
makers, as well as government bodies, industry and nonprofit organisations
provide their understanding for the integrated character of knowledge and
learning. In the editorial, we comment on the nature of Knowledge Society
and we develop a Roadmap for our future discussions and contributions.
I would like to acknowledge the valuable contribution and support of a
number of individuals for their collaborative effort to bring this issue to
completion most especially Dr. Mohammed Dorgham of Inderscience Publishers.
I would like also wish to extend my thanks to Jim Corlett, Janet Marr, Sue
O-Mara, Maribeth E. Siguenza, Marjorie C. Celis, and all the personnel of
Inderscience and Asiatype for the dedicated effort and high-quality
assistance they gave to this endeavour.
I would also like to express their deepest appreciation and respect to all
the renowned academics and practitioners who joined the Editorial Board and
who actively participated in every decision towards the overall objective
to provide a high quality journal.
I am also grateful to all the Editors-in-Chief of the Indersience Journals
that consist the Unique Profile on Knowledge and Learning and more
specifically the Editors-in-Chief of International Journal of Continuing
Engineering Education and Lifelong Learning, International Journal of
Innovation and Learning, International Journal of Knowledge Management
Studies, International Journal of Learning and Change, International
Journal of Learning and Intellectual Capital, International Journal of
Learning Technology and International Journal of Web Based Communities, for
their collaboration towards the exploitation of the humanitys collective
learning and knowledge capacity.
More over I would kindly ask for your support in promoting our journal to
your colleagues and recommending it to your librarians. You can find a
Leaflet in PDF for download in our web site
For sure IJKL will be a valuable addition to your journals portfolio. I
would like to thank our Editorial Board for their great effort, all the
contributors of the first issue and all of you for the warm receipt of the
new journal. (I got many mails from all over the world).
My personal objective is to make this brand New Journal as one of the most
recognized and highest quality journals in Knowledge and Learning
Management.
Towards this direction in the forthcoming 3rd issue, 9 excellent
contributions constitute an excellent issue: William King, Jay Liebowitz,
Albert A. Anghern, Elayne Coakes, Carol Strohecker, Patricia Ordonez, Tom
Boyle, Viktor Pankratius, Gottfried Vossen, etc provide interesting
insights to our research agenda.
I am looking forward for your comments and ideas. Please feel free to send
me a mail at [log in to unmask] <or [log in to unmask]

I invite all who dream a world of Peace and Prosperity through knowledge
and learning for everyone to join and support this initiative.
Kindest Regards
Miltiadis

Dr. Miltiadis D. Lytras
Editor in Chief of International Journal of Knowledge and Learning (IJKL) -
http://www.inderscience.com/ijkl/
Computers Engineering and Informatics Department - CEID, University of
Patras & Academic Research Computer Technology Insitute - CTI, Patra, Greece
e-mail: [log in to unmask] , site: http://www.ceid.upatras.gr ;
http://www.cti.gr