From:
Bastian Pfleging <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bastian Pfleging <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jun 2015 16:52:07 +0000
Dear colleagues,

This is a reminder the the submission system for * AutomotiveUI '15 *
submissions to the * Work-in-Progress or Interactive Demos * track closes
* in 2 weeks from now (June 29) *.

We look forward to your submissions.

Please apologize for cross-postings!

| AutomotiveUI ‘15: The 7th International Conference on Automotive User
| Interfaces and Interactive Vehicular Applications
| Nottingham, UK - September 1-3, 2015
| http://www.auto-ui.org/15
|
| Works-in-Progress & Interactive Demos:
| http://www.auto-ui.org/15/wip-demos.php
|
| Submission deadline (WIP & Demos): June 29, 2015
| Submission system: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=autoui2015
Dates
======
Submission deadline: June 29, 2015
Notification of acceptance: July 17, 2015
Camera-ready paper due: July 24, 2015
Early registration deadline: TBA
Conference: September 1-3, 2015

We encourage researchers and practitioners to submit Works-in-Progress and
Demos as they provide a unique opportunity for sharing valuable ideas,
eliciting useful feedback on early-stage work, and fostering discussions
and collaborations among colleagues. For Works-in-Progress and Interactive
Demos accepted submissions will be presented as a physical poster at the
conference and made available to the AutomotiveUI community through the
Adjunct  Proceedings as a 2-6 page paper also accompanied by a PDF of the
poster. For  Interactive Demos you also bring hands-on experience to
conference attendees  by bringing and presenting prototypes, services,
devices, and systems.

Description – AutomotiveUI
==========================
AutomotiveUI, the International Conference on Automotive User Interfaces
and Interactive Vehicular Applications, is the premier forum for
user-interface research in the automotive domain. AutomotiveUI brings
researchers and practitioners interested in both the technical and the
human aspects of in-vehicle user interfaces and applications.
AutomotiveUI'15 will address novel in-vehicle services, models of and
concepts for enhancing the driver experience, driver performance and
behavior, development of (semi-) autonomous driving, and the needs of
different user groups. Papers that include theoretically-based,
quantitative predictions of experimental outcomes as well as validation
of those outcomes, are particularly encouraged..

Topics
======
Topics include, but are not limited to:

Devices & Interfaces
*	Multi modal, speech, audio, gestural, natural input/output
*	In-car gaming, entertainment and social experiences
*	Interfaces for navigation
*	Text input and output while driving
*	Applications and user-interfaces for inter-vehicle communication
*	Sensors and context for interactive experiences in the car
*	Biometrics and physiological sensors as a user-interface component

Automation & Instrumentation
*	Automated Driving and Interfaces for (semi-) autonomous driving
*	Head-Up Displays (HUDs) and Augmented Reality (AR) concepts
*	Co-operative Driving/Connected Vehicles
*	Assistive technology in the vehicular context
*	Information access (search, browsing, etc.)
*	Vehicle-based apps, web/cloud enabled connectivity

Evaluation & Benchmarking
*	Methods and tools for automotive user-interface research, including
	simulation
*	Automotive user-interface frameworks and toolkits
*	Naturalistic/field studies of automotive user interfaces
*	Automotive user-interface standards
*	Modeling techniques for cognitive workload and visual demand estimation

Driver Performance & Behavior
*	Different user groups and user group characteristics
*	Subliminal cues, warnings and feedback to augment driving behaviour
*	Emotional state recognition while driving
*	Detecting/measuring driver distraction
*	Detecting and estimating user intentions

Work-in-Progress and Interactive Demo
=====================================
A Work-in-Progress is a concise report of late-breaking findings or other
types of innovative or thought-provoking work relevant for the
AutomotiveUI
community. The goal of an Interactive Demo is to highlight and foster
discussion of current hands-on research in the area of automotive user
interfaces and interactive vehicular applications.

The difference between Works-in-Progress/Interactive Demos and other
contribution types (e.g. main track papers and notes) is that
Work-in-Progress and Interactive Demo submissions represent work that
has not reached a level of completion that would warrant the full
refereed selection process.  That said, appropriate submissions
should make a contribution to the body of AutomotiveUI knowledge,
whether realized or promised. A significant benefit of a
Work-in-Progress or Interactive Demo derives from the discussion between
the author and conference attendees that will be fostered by the
face-to-face presentation of the work. To enrich the quality of the
submission for both categories, we also encourage authors to submit a
video of their work as supplementary material.

The Work-in-Progress/Interactive Demo categories aim to attract
participation from a broad range of disciplines covering a spectrum of
topics and methodologies. We encourage submissions from all AutomotiveUI
communities.
Please note that summaries of completed work or reduced versions of main
track AutomotiveUI submissions are inappropriate as a Work-in-Progress
or Interactive Demo submission and will be rejected.
Work-in-Progress and Interactive Demo abstracts appear in the AutomotiveUI
Adjunct Proceedings. The authors retain copyright, and the material from
them can be used as the basis for future publications as long as there are
significant revisions from the original.

Submissions
===========
Your submissions consist of two (Work-in-Progress) or three (Interactive
Demo) related documents:
1.	A two- to six-page poster abstract prepared in the CHI Extended
Abstracts Format (LaTeX template:
http://www.sigchi.org/publications/chipubform/updated-latex-templates,
Word template:
http://www.sigchi.org/publications/chipubform/sigchi-extended-abstracts-for
mat-2016/view)
and submitted as a PDF file. Your poster abstract should be close to
camera-ready and thoroughly copy-edited. Work-in-Progress and Interactive
Demo submissions are not anonymous and should therefore include all
author names, affiliations and contact information. Please note: Any
submission longer than 6 pages and/or not adhering to the Extended
Abstracts Format will be automatically rejected. Submitted versions for
review process must not include page numbers.
2.	An electronic version of the poster that you will present at the
conference. For the review process, your poster should be reduced to
one standard page in size and submitted as a PDF file. Please note
that the physical posters presented at the conference may not be larger
than A0 size.
3.	The Interactive Demos submissions must further include a separate
appendix describing in detail the elements of the demonstration and the
technical requirements of the demonstration (required visual and
acoustical settings, space requirements, the power supply needed,
networking options and what else might be required at the conference
site) and which of the default equipment/resources they will use.

Due to the short selection cycle, there should be very, very few changes
between your submissions and the camera-ready final documents, except in
rare  circumstances.
Both the Extended Abstract and the poster should communicate:
1.	A concise description of the work
2.	Implications of the work for the AutomotiveUI community
3.	Recommendations for further investigation and/or incorporation into
	practice

Your extended abstract should be submitted by June 29, 2015 to the
Submission System (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=autoui2015)
and be prepared according to the requirements stated above.

Website & Contact
More details on submitting, reviewing, and presenting your
Work-In-Progress or Interactive Demo and last-minute information can be
found at the conference website:
http://www.auto-ui.org/15/wip-demos.php

If you have any further questions, you may also contact the
Work-in-Progress and Interactive Demo Co-Chairs by email at

Bastian Pfleging, (VIS, University of Stuttgart, Germany)
Andrew Kun (University of New Hampshire, US)

AutomotiveUI’15 Work-in-Progress and Interactive Demo Co-Chairs