From:
Benjamin Cowan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Benjamin Cowan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Oct 2018 09:20:52 +0100
Dear colleagues,
The 12th annual Irish Human Computer Interaction conference (iHCI 2018)
will take place on Friday 2nd of November 2018 at the University of
Limerick.

11 years after its first edition, iHCI returns to the place where it
originated.

The overall theme for this year is The Role of HCI in a Changing World.

More details here: www.irishhci.wordpress.com

We would like to invite you to this one-day event that will bring
together leading voices from the field of HCI and provide an overview of
HCI research in Ireland.

Registration for iHCI 2018 is free and is now open:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ihci-2018-irish-sigchi-annual-event-tickets-50865043715

As in every year, the conference will showcase leading research by
researchers in Ireland,
and by Irish researchers working
internationally, through
 curated presentation sessions.

The event will also include keynote talks from:
·      Prof. Alan Dix, Director of the Computational Foundry at Swansea
University, Wales, UK
·      Prof. Luigina Ciolfi, Sheffield Hallam University, UK
·      Prof. Liam Bannon, Founding Director of the Interaction Design
Centre, Professor Emeritus, University of Limerick

===Submissions===
The Paper Presentation Track
The Presentations Track is a showcase of work by researchers based in

Ireland, as well as Irish researchers based internationally, that has

been published in leading international HCI venues over the past year

(September 2017- September 2018).
Examples of venues include CHI, CSCW,
ECSCW, PDC, DIS, MobileHCI,
NordiCHI, IJHCS, TOCHI, IwC and other highly ranked
international
conferences and journals. The aim is to give the authors
of such work
the opportunity to share their research with an Irish audience.
  A link to the paper as well as full paper
details (title,
presenter/author name, abstract, venue presented) should
be submitted via:
  https://goo.gl/forms/sOznGF2dYBHT3JtW2 .
The authors of
accepted presentations will be given a presentation slot
during the main symposium and an opportunity to discuss their work with
peers from the field of HCI.

===The Poster Track===
The poster track is intended to display the depth and breath of HCI
research in Ireland and to provide a starting point for new conversations.
We encourage submissions that focus on Human-Computer
Interaction,
broadly defined. We particularly encourage submissions from
PhD
students and early career HCI researchers in Ireland
.

A 300-500 words abstract should be submitted via:
  https://goo.gl/forms/0WI1V5S5XaicjGjD3

***Deadline for submissions (both categories): 15 October 2018

***Notification of acceptance: 22 October 2018

We are looking forward to seeing you in Limerick in November!

Kind regards,
Gabriela Avram / on behalf of the conference organisers

Dr. Gabriela Avram
Lecturer
Interaction Design Centre, CS2031
University of Limerick
Ireland

tel: +353 (0)61 202782
mobile:+353860242478

Course director for LM113 BSc in Digital Media Design
Chair of the CA16121 COST Action ‘SharingAndCaring’