From:
ACM SAP 2022 <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ACM SAP 2022 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 May 2022 17:56:28 +0200
Dear colleagues,

We have *extended the deadline *for abstract and paper submissions for the
ACM Symposium on Applied Perception 2022. Please, find below the new dates.

-----

The *ACM Symposium on Applied Perception (ACM SAP)* provides an intimate
forum for researchers who combine knowledge, methods, and insights from
perception research and computer science disciplines. ACM SAP 2022 will be
held *online *on *September 22-23*, 2022. The organizers plan to have
online streaming and social interaction options for virtual attendance for
both attendees and speakers.

*Submission*. The submission portal is now open, and we consider papers in
all areas of applied perception, including all sensory modalities (vision,
haptics, acoustics, proprioception, etc.). We welcome short and long papers
of up to 4 and 8 pages respectively (not including references or
appendices). Details can be found here: http://sap.acm.org/2022/.

*Invited ACM TAP Journal Publication*. Under an agreement with the ACM
Transactions on Applied Perception (TAP) and the ACM Publications Board,
the strongest accepted papers will be offered publication as full papers in
the ACM journal TAP (instead of appearing in the proceedings) after an
additional review cycle.

***Submission deadlines***
June 10th: Abstract submission
June 14th: Paper submission
July 22nd: Notifications
Aug 1st: Camera-ready version due for SAP papers; revised manuscripts due
for TAP papers

***Topics of interest***
SAP welcomes submissions related to all topics relevant to both perception
and computer science such as:

* Application of perceptual research to any area of computer science,
including but not limited to:
      * modeling, rendering, animation;
      * virtual environments, characters, avatars;
      * processing information from artificial sensors;
      * representation of data, communication of data, interaction with
data;

* Applications of computer science to any area of perception, including but
not limited to:
      * modeling natural perceptual systems;
      * simulating natural perceptual systems;

* Emerging topics such as animal perception, privacy, and security, novel
sensors, studies that combine perception and computing research toward
applications to healthcare, deep space exploration, cultural and ecological
preservation, etc.

We are looking forward to your contributions.

Sincerely,
Program Chairs
Ana Serrano, Universidad de Zaragoza, Spain
Michael Barnett-Cowan, University of Waterloo, Canada
Conference Chairs
Andrew Robb, Clemson University, USA
Manfred Lau, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
*Contact: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>*