From:
Marco Polignano <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Marco Polignano <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 May 2021 11:11:49 +0200

Apologies if you received multiple cross-postings of this CFP.

/Call for Papers/
*Special Issue: **Information Retrieval, Recommender Systems and
Adaptive Systems*
Website:
https://www.mdpi.com/journal/information/special_issues/info_retrieval_recommender
Deadline for manuscript submissions: *30 November 2021*

Dear Colleagues,
The growing amount of data produced daily has made their exploration
impossible without using search and filtering tools and strategies.
Indeed, the end user often spends hours searching on the Web for
elements compliant with their needs, thereby facing a complex and
time-consuming task. This scenario underlines the ever more current need
to create systems to support the end user in the search, filtering, and
consumption of such huge amounts of information. In this regard,
adaptive and personalized systems play an increasingly important role in
our daily lives as we more and more rely on systems that adapt their
behavior based on our preferences and needs and support us in a wide
range of heterogeneous decision-making tasks.
In such regards, Machine Learning approaches have been recently
demonstrated effective to process heterogeneous information providing
novel solution not only for the task of content analysis, but also for
their retrieval and recommendation. The evolution of such approaches has
made it possible to discover new threats, limits, and challenges that
needs our attention. The cost of performances, the development of
strategies to correctly evaluate those algorithms, and how to exploit
the context of usage and psychological and emotional reactions are only
few of the possible new research trends.
This Special Issue on *information retrieval, recommender systems, and
adaptive systems* is aimed at industrial and academic researchers who
apply non-traditional methods to tasks related with the management of
huge amounts of information.

I invite you and your colleagues to submit a contribution for this
special issue in which some of the leading experts will describe their
work, ideas and findings. Your paper will be published after our
standard peer-review procedure, in our open access journal Information.

The official deadline for submission is *30 November 2021*.
However, you may send your manuscript at any time before the deadline.
We can organize a very fast peer-review.
If accepted, the paper will be published very soon.

In case you need any further information, please never hesitate to
contact us (myself or the Editorial Office: [log in to unmask]).
Thank you very much in advance for your kind support and cooperation.

We look forward to collaborating with you and to hearing back from you soon.

Best Regards,
Editors: Dr. Marco Polignano and Prof. Giovanni Semeraro