From:
"Endert, Alex" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Endert, Alex
Date:
Thu, 5 Sep 2013 09:10:10 -0700
Dear Vis community,

This year's IEEE VIS is organizing a "Meet the Candidate" poster
event, because helping graduating students break on the job market is
so important to our field.

The event will take place at the conference, on Tuesday October 15th
@6:00pm in the Poster Area. It is an opportunity to learn
about the graduating students' work, and to meet, informally
interview, and chat with the said graduating students.

We would like to encourage visualization-research graduating students
to sign up for a poster slot -- now. To sign up, please go to:
http://www.vacommunity.org/IEEE+VIS+2013%3A+Meet+the+Candidate

Posters need to follow the VisWeek poster formatting guidelines:
(A0 maximum, 841mm x 1189mm / 33.1" x 46.8")
although the poster content may rather follow the structure of a Resume or CV.

We have 20 poster slots available; first come, first served.

We would also like to encourage everyone, and in particular
headhunters, to attend the poster session on Tuesday October 15th,
6:00pm-8pm, Posters Area.

If you have any questions, please contact the Compass chairs at [log in to unmask]

Thanks,
Alex Endert
Leo Zhicheng
Dan Best