From:
Kıvanç Tatar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kıvanç Tatar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jan 2017 20:12:15 +0000
======================

2nd CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS

======================

((( MUME 2017 )))

5th International Workshop on Musical Metacreation

http://musicalmetacreation.org

June 19-20, 2017, Georgia Tech, Atlanta, USA.

MUME 2017 is to be held at Georgia Institute of Technology in conjunction
with the Eighth International Conference on Computational Creativity, ICCC
2017.

http://computationalcreativity.net/iccc2017/

=== Important Dates ===

Workshop submission deadline: March 10, 2017

Notification date: April 20th, 2017

Camera-ready version: April 28th, 2017

Workshop dates: June 19-20, 2017

======================

MUME aims to bring together artists, practitioners, and researchers
interested in developing systems that autonomously (or interactively)
recognize, learn, represent, compose, generate, complete, accompany, or
interpret music. As such, we welcome contributions to the theory or
practice of generative music systems and their applications in new media,
digital art, and entertainment at large. We also welcome contributions
discussing advances in generative systems as well as their philosophical,
and societal implications.

Topics

===========================

We encourage paper and demo submissions on MUME-related topics, including
the following:

-- Models, Representation and Algorithms for MUME

-- Systems and Applications of MUME

-- Evaluation of MUME

Submission Format and Requirements

=================================

Please make submissions via the EasyChair system at:

https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=mume2017

The workshop is a one day and a half event that includes:

-Presentations of FULL TECHNICAL PAPERS (8 pages maximum)

-Presentations of POSITION PAPERS and WORK-IN-PROGRESS PAPERS (5 pages
maximum)

-Presentations of DEMONSTRATIONS (3 pages maximum).

All papers should be submitted as complete works. Demo systems should be
tested and working by the time of submission, rather than be speculative.
We encourage audio and video material to accompany and illustrate the
papers (especially for demos). We ask that authors arrange for their web
hosting of audio and video files, and give URL links to all such files
within the text of the submitted paper.

Submissions do not have to be anonymized, as we use single-blind reviewing.
Each submission will be reviewed by at least three program committee
members.

Workshop papers will be published as MUME 2017 Proceedings and will be
archived with an ISBN number. Please use the updated MuMe paper template to
format your paper. Also, please feel free to edit the licence entry (at the
bottom left of the first page of the new template). The MUME 2017 latex and
Word template is available at:

http://musicalmetacreation.org/buddydrive/file/mume2017_templates/

Submission should be uploaded using MUME 2017 EasyChair portal:

https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=mume2017

For complete details on attendance, submissions and formatting, please
visit the workshop website: <http://www.musicalmetacreation.org>
http://musicalmetacreation.org

Questions & Requests

======================================

Please direct any inquiries/suggestions/special requests to the Workshop
Chair, Philippe Pasquier ([log in to unmask]).

Workshop Organizers

===================

Pr. Philippe Pasquier (Workshop Chair)

School of Interactive Arts and Technology (SIAT)

Simon Fraser University, Canada

http://metacreation.net/

https://www.kadenze.com/programs/generative-art-and-computational-creativity

Pr. Arne Eigenfeldt

School for the Contemporary Arts

Simon Fraser University, Canada

Dr. Oliver Bown

Design Lab, Faculty of Architecture, Design and Planning

The University of Sydney, Australia

Kıvanç Tatar (MUME Administration and Publicity Assistant)

School of Interactive Arts and Technology,

Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, Canada.

http://musicalmetacreation.org