The Sixth International ACM SIGCAPH Conference on
October 18-20, 2004
Georgia Tech Global Learning Center at Technology Square; Atlanta, GA
Call For Participation
We invite submissions for ASSETS 2004 in the following categories:
· technical papers
· doctoral consortium proposals
The ASSETS conference is a forum for disseminating the results of innovative scientific research that is being conducted to investigate computer technologies and their use by persons with disabilities. This conference also serves as a forum for sharing state-of-the-art design and development efforts that are aimed at creating assistive systems for persons with disabilities. The meeting is designed in a way to encourage the exchange of ideas both in the formal paper sessions as well as informal evening sessions and social interactions. This is a single-track conference in order to encourage group participation. Questions about the focus, structure or venue of the conference should be directed to the Conference Chair, Julie Jacko (email: [log in to unmask]; tel: 404.894.2340).
Submissions should focus on the design, development, evaluation, and scientific investigation of technologies to support:
· individuals with hearing, sight and other sensory impairments,
· individuals with motor impairments,
· individuals with memory, learning and cognitive disabilities,
· clinicians and teachers charged with assessing disabilities,
· rehabilitation personnel who administer assistive technologies,
· policymakers concerned with equitable access to information technologies for people with disabilities.
Submissions in all categories are due by March 12, 2004.
All questions regarding submissions should be directed to the Program Chair, Andrew Sears.
All technical sessions papers will be refereed. The number of papers accepted will be based on the quality of submissions and the number that can be comfortably presented in a single track (no parallel sessions).
Authors of accepted papers will be required to prepare an electronic version for the on-line conference proceedings that will supplement the traditional printed volume.
Please consult the SIGCHI Conference Publication Format (http://www.sigchi.org/chipubform/) for details on the conference publications format and submission information. Maximum length for paper submissions is 8 pages.
Authors of selected technical papers will be invited to publish extended versions of their papers in a special issue of Behaviour and Information Technology, published by Taylor and Francis.
Panel Proposal, Poster, Demonstration
Panels, posters, and demonstrations will not have accompanying papers published in the conference proceedings. To be considered for inclusion in the technical program, the proposals for these categories must, however, adhere to the SIGCHI Conference Publication Format. For details on the conference publications format, please refer to: (http://www.sigchi.org/chipubform/).
Maximum lengths for proposal submissions in these categories are as follows:
Panel proposal: maximum length is two pages
Demonstration: maximum length is two pages
Poster: maximum length is two pages
Doctoral Consortium Proposal: maximum length is two pages
- Electronic submissions, for all categories, must be in PDF format, and can be sent via email to [log in to unmask] Individuals submitting materials electronically are encouraged to do so before the deadline so any difficulties with the materials can be resolved in a timely manner. Electronic submissions that cannot be opened by the submission deadline will not be reviewed.
- Submissions can also be sent by post or express courier (7 copies of technical papers, 4 copies of demonstration, panel, and/or doctoral consortium proposals, and 2 copies of poster submissions) to:
ASSETS 2004 Program Chair
Information Systems Department
1000 Hilltop Drive
Baltimore, MD 21250 USA
voice: +1 410-455-3883
[log in to unmask]
Best paper awards
Awards will be made to presenters in several different categories:
· Best technical paper
· Best student paper
Papers to be considered for the best student presentation award, should have the name of the student as first author and the submission cover letter should indicate the first author is a student. The selection process will be carried out by members of the program committee based on the technical paper review.
ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN MARCH 12, 2004