From:
Raheeb Muzaffar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Raheeb Muzaffar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 May 2019 13:33:42 +0200
We would like to invite you to our biennial*Lakeside Labs Research
Days*, successfully established in 2008, held by Lakeside Labs GmbH and
the University of Klagenfurt. The Research Days are a three-day
interdisciplinary workshop dated *09 to 11 July 2019*.

This year, the focus of Research Days is on *Communication in Swarms*.
Swarms cooperate without any central control and act according to simple
and local behavior. Only through their interactions, a collective
behavior can emerge to solve complex tasks. Reliable communication is an
important requirement for swarms to work effectively. It can either be
explicit (exchange of messages) or implicit (reaction on stigmergy) and
may be extended to human-machine interaction.

The event should provide a good opportunity to exchange research ideas,
to initiate collaborations, and plan joint projects. Notable results
from previous Research Days have been research collaborations, joint
papers, conference special sessions, and proposals for European
Projects. We are looking forward to have you on-board!

Following are the notable talks.

·*Heiko Hamann, University of Lübeck*

Together Everyone Achieves More! On Swarm Performance and Interference

·*Sofie Pollin, KU Leuven*

Sense and Avoid Technology for enabling Swarms

·*Alcherio Martinoli, EPFL
*

Communication in Swarms: Forms, Strengths, and Limitations

*John S. Baras, University of Maryland, USA*

Direct and Indirect Communications in Swarms and Their Effects

For further information on registration, agenda, housing information,
etc. please visit our website (_https://researchdays.lakeside-labs.com/_).

One of the key-success factors of the Research Days is the intense group
work with a *limited number of participants*. This year we expect about
50 people. Therefore, seats are limited - please register as soon as
possible.

If you know people who might have interest in the workshop, please feel
free to forward this e-mail. Thank you!

We look forward to welcome you in Klagenfurt for an intellectual exchange.

See you soon and best regards from the organization committee,

Melanie Schranz and Raheeb Muzaffar

--
Dr. Raheeb Muzaffar
Researcher