From:
Wolfgang Reinhardt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Wolfgang Reinhardt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Nov 2012 00:30:10 +0100
Apologies if you receive this unconventional Call for Papers more than once

                                                           Call for Papers for PUSHPIN
Deadline: none (we hope that you sign up as soon as possible)
Main research domain: all

Location: online at http://pushpin.cs.upb.de?utm_source=chi-ann&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=cfp

This is the most unconventional Call for Papers I have ever written since we are NOT looking for some NEW PAPERS that you and your brilliant teams would write to fit to this CfP. Instead, we are looking for your ALREADY PUBLISHED PAPERS on any research topic and in any research domain...

Last week we have released the alpha version of PUSHPIN, a new web-based system to support scholarly awareness and recommend scientific papers and interesting researchers. In the meantime, more than 150 researchers from all over the world have signed up for PUSHPIN and shared their papers with the community. All the available papers are analyzed (we extract meta-data, references and full text) and the resulting data is used to recommend similar papers to Researchers.

PUSHPIN can be of great help for you if you are looking for similar papers to the one that you find interesting. You can choose whether the similarity should be calculated based on the full text of the publication or its metadata (such as authors, references, keywords) or on both. Moreover, PUSHPIN will help you to recommend papers to colleagues and students, simply from within the application. All users can rate and bookmark publications and arrange them in collections. Finally, PUSHPIN helps you to explore researchers that do similar research as you do and you can use PUSHPIN's social layer to directly get in touch with them.

For all the above, PUSHPIN is dependent on a large corpus of scientific publications that can be analyzed and be considered during the recommendations.

YOU can contribute to PUSHPIN by signing up and uploading your papers to the system. If you are using Mendeley for managing your own publications, you can connect your Mendeley account to PUSHPIN and we will sync all your publications automatically within 24 hours.

Sign up for PUSHPIN here http://pushpin.cs.upb.de/signup?utm_source=chi-ann&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=cfp

If we still have not convinced you to give PUSHPIN a try, there is a fancy "About PUSHPIN" page at http://pushpin.cs.upb.de/about?utm_source=chi-ann&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=cfp that tells you more about the background of the service. If you need help with PUSHPIN, you can probably find it in our help section at http://pushpin.cs.upb.de/help

PUSHPIN is a service offered by the Computer Science Education Group at the University of Paderborn (Germany) under the supervision of Dr. Wolfgang Reinhardt. If you like PUSHPIN then you might also like the Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/upb.pushpin in order to stay up-to-date

_________________________________

Dr. Wolfgang Reinhardt

University of Paderborn
Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Computer
Science and Mathematics
Department of Computer Science
Computer Science Education Group
Fuerstenallee 11 - F2.201