From:
Jonas Oppenlaender <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jonas Oppenlaender <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Apr 2019 09:03:32 +0000
[Apologies if you receive multiple copies]

CALL FOR CONTRIBUTIONS

for the Workshop on Crowd-Powered Interfaces for Creative Design Thinking

at the ACM Creativity & Cognition Conference (C&C '19) / Conference on Designing Interactive Systems (DIS '19).
The workshop is open to both C&C and DIS attendees.

June 23, 2019, San Diego, CA, USA

Deadline: May 7 (Conference Early Registration)
Submissions are accepted on a * rolling basis *

Crowdsourcing is a powerful approach for tapping into the collective insights of diverse crowds. Thus, crowdsourcing has potential to support designers in making sense of a design space. In this hands-on workshop at C&C '19/DIS '19, we will brainstorm and conceptualize new user interfaces and crowdsourcing systems for supporting designers in the design process. The workshop consists of developmental discussions of ideas contributed by the participants. In brainstorming and design sessions in groups, the participants will ideate new crowd-powered systems and user interfaces that support the designer's divergent and convergent thinking.

Workshop Concept

We structure the workshop around the design process with its four key phases: Ideation, Exploration, Optimization, Reflection.
We specifically encourage participants to think beyond the ideation phase of the design process. Doing so, we set to inspire the design of next-generation crowd-powered interfaces and systems that support creativity in either a single or multiple design phases.

The one-day workshop is organized as a hands-on and participant-driven hack-a-thon event. The focus of the workshop is on creating designs and prototypes within the workshop itself. Participants do not require special technical skills, as the prototypes created in the workshop may also be of low fidelity, e.g. paper prototypes.

How to Participate

We ask participants to contribute at least one hack-a-thon idea. The ideas will be shared with the other workshop participants at the event. Submitted ideas are not final ‐ you are free to change your idea in the workshop. We are looking for specific rather than general ideas that can be fleshed out at the workshop in groups of 3-5 people.

Submissions are accepted on a *rolling basis*. The workshop venue can accommodate up to 50 participants.

See the workshop website for more information and the sign-up form:
https://creativity-workshops.github.io/cc19/

Important Dates

Early Registration Deadline: May 7, 2019
Conference Registration Deadline: June 22, 2019
Workshop date: June 23, 2019

Organizing Committee

Jonas Oppenlaender, Center for Ubiquitous Computing, University of Oulu

Naghmi Shireen, School of Interactive Arts and Technology, Simon Fraser University

Maximilian Mackeprang, Human-Centered Computing (HCC) group, Freie Universität Berlin

Halil Erhan, School of Interactive Arts and Technology, Simon Fraser University

Jorge Goncalves, School of Computing and Information Systems, University of Melbourne

Simo Hosio, Center for Ubiquitous Computing, University of Oulu

Contact

For further questions, please visit the workshop website
https://creativity-workshops.github.io/cc19/

or contact [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

--
Jonas Oppenlaender
Doctoral Researcher