Date:
Fri, 11 Mar 2016 10:22:09 -0800
Subject:
Sender:
From:
Nadir Weibel <[log in to unmask]>

We are still looking forward to your submissions for the PERVASIVE HEALTH WORKSHOP ON  “Designing the CORE: A Platform for Connected and Open Research Ethics

Deadline is March 15, 2016

-------------------------
We are working to create, efficient, effective and responsive 21st century research practices to assist researchers and their IRBs – and we need your help!

Do you have experience using Mobile Imaging, pervasive Sensing, Social media and location Tracking (MISST) technologies or methods (including smart phone apps, wearable cameras, wearable sensors) in your research?
Are you facing new ethical challenges with protecting human subjects?

If so, we want to hear about your Institutional Review Board experiences – both good and bad.

*Join us at the Pervasive Health workshop on “Designing the CORE: A Platform for Connected and Open Research Ethics on May 16th in Cancun (Mexico), http://thecore.ucsd.edu/pervasivehealth <http://thecore.ucsd.edu/pervasivehealth>.*
*Contribute your ideas on how to implement, and share new protocols for ensuring ethical use of these new technologies and design a new kind of ethical review process.*

Important Dates
-----------------------
-February 15th: Submission for position papers opens
-March 15th: Deadline for submitting Experience or Vision position papers
-April 10th: Final decision on the acceptance of position papers and invitations to the workshop
-May 16th: Workshop at Pervasive Health in Cancun
-----------------------

We invite participants to submit a 2 page “Experience” or “Vision” position paper to [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> with subject tagged with the “[PH2016]” prefix by March 15 2016.

Position papers should report either on:

(1) Experience: We are interested in the author’s first-hand experience using MISST technologies for data collection and a synopsis of the ethical and regulatory aspects they and their Institutional Review Board considered (i.e. type of device/app/method, how it is used, population(s) targeted, potential risks, planned risk management strategies and potential research benefits); or

(2) Vision: Share your vision of how the regulatory review process can be improved to both protect research participants and advance research with human-subjects using MISST technologies.

During the workshop, ideas generated in the position papers will be further developed through an interactive and immersive design-thinking exercise.

Learn more at our workshop’s web page http://thecore.ucsd.edu/pervasivehealth <http://thecore.ucsd.edu/pervasivehealth> or by directly downloading our Call for Papers at http://thecore.ucsd.edu/ph16_cfp <http://thecore.ucsd.edu/ph16_cfp>
Feel free contact any of the organizers or email [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> with any questions.
We look forward to receiving your submissions.

Nadir Weibel UC San Diego, [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Camille Nebeker, UC San Diego, [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>-
Cinnamon Bloss, UC San Diego, [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

UC San Diego, The Core, http://thecore.ucsd.edu <http://thecore.ucsd.edu/>