From:
Riener Andreas <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Riener Andreas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2018 06:46:42 +0000
[our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CfP]

We are pleased to announce the following call (focus section of IxD&A Journal):

| Future Directions of UX Studies:                                        |
| ENRICHING EXPERIENCE EVALUATION THROUGH DIVERSE PERSPECTIVES            |
| Submission deadline:  April  30,  2018                                  |
| Notification sent to the authors: June 10, 2018                         |
| Camera ready due:  June  30, 2018                                       |
| Publication of the special issue: end of July, 2018                     |

-----------------------------| INTRODUCTION |------------------------------
Existing  research has already  explored  UX methods from different angles,
whereas a focus on how to  combine  suitable  methods, i.e.,  triangulation
(also  called   mixed   methods    or multi-method  approaches),  is  still
missing.  However,  deriving  UX insights from multiple perspectives to get
a more holistic view  on UX  is  one of the key areas to further improve UX
research. New ways and means  to improve a product's or service's  UX, such
as  multi-touchpoint  experiences  or  data-driven  methods (e.g.,  machine
learning) make a  holistic  contemplation  of the  concept of  UX  and  its
evaluation  necessary.
The establishment of mixed-method approaches and theories can contribute to
more  reliable, holistic and well-motivated  understandings  of the concept
of UX. By this, unexpected  results can be  disclosed  as well as important
and  unforeseen  research  questions  generated.  At  the same time, such a
strategy is able to  provide answers  to  those new questions.  Even though
a  systematical  investigation  of multi-method approaches  in UX is  still
missing,  researchers  and  practitioners  have  developed their  own  best
practices  based  on  experiences,  reflection, theoretical  background, or
intuition. This  wide-spread  knowledge  needs to be brought together, that
researchers  and  practitioners  can learn from  each other. By this, basic
challenges,  aims,  and strategies in  UX  studies  can  be  uncovered. The
investigation of UX design and  evaluation from different perspectives will
lead to a more well-founded understanding and  will bring the quality of UX
research to a next level.

--------------------------| TOPICS OF INTEREST |---------------------------
In particular, we welcome contributions from academia and industry that not
only  describe a particular  study, but  critically deal with  the  applied
methods  and  approaches- with focus  on  multi-method  and   triangulation
strategies. For further questions, please contact the  editors.  Topics may
include, but are not limited to:
* Motivations & outcomes of different UX research and evaluation strategies
* Conclusions from multiple  and different sources, such as qualitative and
  quantitative or attitudinal and behavioral data
* Benefits  of combining  contrasting theories  that  exist  in UX research
* Defining best practices and highlighting  gaps in mixed method approaches
  in the field of UX
* Reflection  on   existing  work,  visionary  concepts  of  UX  evaluation
  including current challenges and opportunities
* Data-driven UX methods contrasting  currently  established UX  approaches
* Holistic  user  experience evaluation with  various  methods linking user
  experience design, service design, and brand experience.

-------------------------| SUBMISSION PROCEDURE |--------------------------
All  submissions (abstracts and later final  manuscripts) must be  original
and may  not  be  under  review  by  another  publication. The  manuscripts
should  be submitted  anonymized  either  in  .doc  or in .rtf format.  All
papers will be blindly peer-reviewed by at least two reviewers. Perspective
participants are invited to submit  a  8-20 pages paper (including authors'
information,  abstract,  all tables,  figures, references, etc.). The paper
should be written according  to  the IxD&A authors' guidelines available at
<http://www.mifav.uniroma2.it/inevent/events/idea2010/index.php>.  Articles
should be  submitted online via the IxD&A submission  system available  at:
http://www.mifav.uniroma2.it/idea2010/login.php (when submitting  the paper
please  choose  domain  subjects under: 'IxD&A  focus  section  on: 'Future
Directions of UX Studies').

-------------------| IMPORTANT DATES FOR THE FOCUS SECTION|----------------
* Submission deadline:  April  30,  2018
* Notification sent to the authors: June 10, 2018
* Camera ready due:  June  30, 2018
* Publication of the special issue: end of July, 2018

-----------------------------| ORGANIZERS |--------------------------------
For scientific  advice and queries, please  feel free to contact the guest-
editors at any time:

* Anna-Katharina Frison ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>)
* Florian Lachner ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>)
* Andreas Riener ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>)
* Ingrid Pettersson ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>)
* Andreas Butz ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>)

For more details see the IxD&A website:

W: ixdea.uniroma2.it/inevent/events/idea2010/index.php?s=102&link=call37fs
E: mailto:[log in to unmask]