From:
Roto Virpi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Roto Virpi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jun 2018 09:35:23 +0000
Call for workshop participation, NordiCHI’18 @ Oslo:

Have you been using design fictions in your participatory design projects and would like to learn more? Or are you someone who creates fictions and is wondering how they can be put to use in a design context? If so, this workshop is for you, since we aim to explore if, how, and when in the design process participatory design practices and design fictions can be combined.

We are interested in reports and reflections on topics like: how to collect information to base the fiction upon; how to co-create fictions; how to use fictions as a discussion tool; and/or how to evaluate fictions. We also wish to find out how and when design fictions and participatory design were combined, what the consequences were (positive and negative), and what was learned from this.

The overall workshop aim is that we together we will create a first overview of the combined Participatory Design / Design Fiction process, including a set of practical examples. This will form the basis for one or more  joint publications on the topic.

Among other things, the workshop features a design task where your shared experiences will be taken into account, so to participate, you need to send a short (1-3 pages) position paper to us -- see our website for more information.

Conference: NordiCHI ‘18, Oslo
Date: Sunday 30 September 2018
Workshop web site: http://blogs.aalto.fi/ParticipatoryDesignFiction

Position paper deadline: August 10

Welcome!

Sus Lyckvi (Chalmers University of Technology)

Virpi Roto (Aalto University)

Yiying Wu (Aalto University)

Elizabeth Buie (Sigma Consulting)