Sender: "ACM SIGCHI General Interest Announcements (Mailing List)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2020 21:59:47 +0000
From: "Lee, Mark" <[log in to unmask]>
[Apologies - Re-posting with the link to the form added]

June 21-25, 2020, Online

Conference theme: "Vision 20/20: Hindsight, Insight, and Foresight in XR and Immersive Learning"

Conference website: http://immersivelrn.org/ilrn2020

At our physical iLRN conferences, the first day of the conference (Sunday) is typically devoted to one or more guided social tours of local attractions in which attendees have the opportunity to socialize and get to know one another while immersing themselves in the sights and sounds of the host city and/or region. As this year's conference will take place entirely online, we are instead offering the opportunity for attendees to sign up for small-group "Guided Virtual Adventure" tours of 50 minutes in duration to various social and collaborative XR/immersive environments and platforms.

Proposals are being sought for prospective Guided Virtual Adventure tour offerings on Sunday, June 21, 2020. Tour destinations may be:

- a third-party XR/immersive platform with which you are familiar (e.g., Altspace, Mozilla Hubs, Minecraft, World of Warcraft, Somnium Space, OrbusVR, Second Life);

- a specific virtual environment that you, your institution/organization, or someone else has developed within a third-party platform;

- a platform that you or your institution/organization has developed and/or specific environments within that platform.

There are no fees involved in offering a Guided Virtual Adventure tour; however, preference will be given to proposals that involve environments/platforms that are freely and openly accessible, and that are associated with nonprofit organizations and educational institutions. Where possible, it is strongly recommended that multiple offerings of the tour are made available throughout the day so as to cater for different time zones in which the 8,000+ iLRN 2020 event attendees will be based.

Companies wishing to offer Guided Virtual Adventure tours involving their commercial products and services may submit proposals for consideration, but the iLRN 2020 Organizing Committee reserves the right to, at its discretion, place limits on the number of tours of platforms/environments of a certain type or that address a particular target audience/application vertical. In doing so, they will prioritize companies that have purchased a sponsorship or exhibition package.

*** IMPORTANT: The Guided Virtual Adventures are intended to be a social activity, and as such, platforms and environments to be toured must support interaction among multiple users. For other types of platform or environment, please consider offering a Workshop (https://immersivelrn.org/ilrn2020/workshops/) instead, and/or participating in the Immersive Learning Project Showcase & Competition (https://immersivelrn.org/ilrn2020/immersive-learning-project-showcase/). ***

### Submitting a Proposal ###

Please use this form to propose a Guided Virtual Adventure: https://forms.gle/P4JTAkb29Lb9L18JA

### Contact ###

Inquiries regarding the Guided Virtual Adventures may be directed to [log in to unmask]

### Important Dates ###

- Guided Virtual Adventure proposal submission deadline: May 18, 2020
- Notification of proposal review outcomes: May 21, 2020
- Presenter registration deadline: May 25, 2020
- Deadline for providing final participant instructions: June 1, 2020
- Guided Virtual Adventure Day: June 21, 2020

Other upcoming iLRN 2020 deadlines (see conference website for details):

-  Immersive Learning Project Showcase & Competition - expressions of interest to participate due May 14, 2020 (deadline extended, no further extensions will be announced)
- Practitioner Stream oral and poster presentations - 1-2 page proposals, not for publication in proceedings, due May 18, 2020 (will not be extended)
- Workshops, Panel Sessions, and Special Sessions -  2-3 page proposals for publication in proceedings as extended-abstract descriptions of the sessions, due May 18, 2020 (will not be extended)
- Free registration deadline for non-presenter educators and students - May 23, 2020

(Sent to [log in to unmask])

|   ALBURY-WODONGA   |   BATHURST   |   BRISBANE   |   CANBERRA   |   DUBBO   |   GOULBURN   |   MELBOURNE   |   ORANGE   |   PORT MACQUARIE   |   SYDNEY   |   WAGGA WAGGA   |

LEGAL NOTICE
This email (and any attachment) is confidential and is intended for the use of the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must not copy, distribute, take any action in reliance on it or disclose it to anyone. Any confidentiality is not waived or lost by reason of mistaken delivery. Email should be checked for viruses and defects before opening. Charles Sturt University does not accept liability for viruses or any consequence which arise as a result of this email transmission. Email communications with Charles Sturt University may be subject to automated email filtering, which could result in the delay or deletion of a legitimate email before it is read at Charles Sturt University. The views expressed in this email are not necessarily those of Charles Sturt University.
Charles Sturt University in Australia The Grange Chancellery, Panorama Avenue, Bathurst NSW Australia 2795 (ABN: 83 878 708 551; CRICOS Provider Number: 00005F (National)). TEQSA Provider Number: PV12018
Consider the environment before printing this email.