From:
Alvin Chin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alvin Chin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jan 2015 19:56:26 -0800
Dear colleagues,

There are only 2 more days until the papers for MSM 2015 workshop are due
on January 31.  The MSM 2015 workshop is co-located with ACM WWW 2015
conference in Florence, Italy.

Please submit your paper and forward the CFP to anyone who is interested.

Thanks and looking forward to your submissions.

Martin Atzmueller, Alvin Chin and Christoph Trattner
MSM 2015 Workshop Chairs

   ** Please forward to anyone who might be interested ** --------------------------------------------------------------                       CALL FOR PAPERS 6th International Workshop on Modeling Social Media (MSM'2015)   Behavioral Analytics in Social Media, Big Data and the Web         to be held on May 19, 2015, Florence, Italy                co-located with ACM WWW 2015            http://www.kde.cs.uni-kassel.de/ws/msm2015/ -------------------------------------------------------------- Important Dates: ================ ** Submission Deadline (extended): Jan 31, 2015 (23:59 Hawaii Standard Time) ** Notification of Acceptance: Feb 22, 2015 ** Camera-Ready Versions Due: Mar 8, 2015 ** Workshop date: May 19, 2015 Workshop Organizers: ==================== Martin Atzmueller, University of Kassel, Kassel, Germany;[log in to unmask] Alvin Chin, Microsoft, Beijing, China; [log in to unmask] Christoph Trattner, Norwegian Univeristy of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway; [log in to unmask] For the 6h International Workshop on Modeling Social Media, we aim to attract researchers from all over the world working in the field of behavioral analytics using web and social media data. Behavioral analytics is an important topic, e.g., concerning web applications as well as extensions in mobile and ubiquitous applications, for understanding user behavior. We would also like to invite researchers in the data and web mining community to lend their expertise to help to increase our understanding of the web and social media. Thus, we invite submissions which may include the following topics, but are not limited to: Behavioral analytics methods or frameworks for social media, big data and the web * approaches for personalization and recommendations * methods for social structure and community discovery * methods for tie strength or link prediction * methods for extracting and understanding user and group behavior * methods for extracting and understanding user and group behavior * methods for predicting user behavior * methods for user modelling and profiling * applications of behavioural analytics * privacy and security in behavioural analytics * applications of any of the above methods and technologies The goal of this workshop is to apply behavioral analytics approaches and algorithms on social media, big data and the web. Hence, the workshop aims to attract and discuss various novel aspects of personalization, recommendation, community discovery, profiling and prediction from social media. Submissions: We solicit full research papers (4-6 pages), and short papers (1-4 pages) both in the ACM conference paper style. Papers should be submitted in EasyChair to https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=msm2015 Program Committee: ================== * Luca Aiello, Yahoo! Labs Barcelona, Spain * Robin Burke, de Paul, USA * Shlomo Berkovsky, NICTA, Australia * Polo Chau, Georgia Tech, USA * Guanling Chen, University of Massachussetts Lowell, USA * Daniel Gayo-Avello, University of Oviedo, Spain * Michael Granitzer, University of Passau, Germany * Bin Guo, Northwestern Polytechnic University, USA * Ido Guy, IBM Research, Israel * Eelco Herder, L3S, Germany * Sharon Hsiao, Columbia University, USA * Javier Luis Canovas Izquierdo, INRIA, France * Thomas Kannampallil, University of Texas, USA * Mark Kibanov, University of Kassel, Germany * Simon Koo, University of California Santa Barbara, USA * Dominik Kowald, Graz University of Technology, Austria * Florian Lemmerich, University of Wuerzburg * Harold Liu, Beijing Institute of Technology, China * Leandro Balby Marinho, Federal University of Campina Grande, Brasil * Kjetil Norvag, NTNU, Norway * Denis Parra, PUC, Chile * Christoph Scholz, University of Kassel, Germany * Shaghayegh Sahebi, University of Pittsburgh, USA * Yang Su, Fudan University, China * Claudia Wagner, GESIS, DE * Shengdong Zhao, National University of Singapore, Singapore * Arkaitz Zubiaga, New York City University, USA Proceedings: ============ Contributions will be included in the Companion volume of the ACM WWW2015 conference, which will be published by ACM and included in the ACM Digital Library. However, to make that happen at least one author of the accepted paper has to register. At the time of submission of the final camera-ready copy, authors will have to indicate the already registered person for that publication. Any paper published by the ACM, IEEE, etc. which can be properly cited constitutes research which must be considered in judging the novelty of a WWW submission, whether the published paper was in a conference, journal, or workshop. Therefore, any paper previously published as part of a WWW workshop must be referenced and suitably extended with new content to qualify as a new submission to the Research Track at the WWW conference. Submission guidelines: ====================== All submitted papers must     * be written in English;     * contain author names, affiliations, and email addresses;     * be formatted according to the ACM SIG Proceedings template (http://www.acm.org/sigs/publications/proceedings-templates) with a font size no smaller than 9pt;     * be in PDF (make sure that the PDF can be viewed on any platform), and formatted for US Letter size;     * occupy no more than six pages, including the abstract, references, and appendices. It is the authors responsibility to ensure that their submissions adhere strictly to the required format. Submissions that do not comply with the above guidelines may be rejected without review. All submissions must be entered into the reviewing system: https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=msm2015 Contact: ======== Martin Atzmueller - [log in to unmask] Alvin Chin - [log in to unmask] Christoph Trattner - [log in to unmask] Follow us on: ============= Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/527164050627185/     ---------------------------------------------------------------     For news of CHI books, courses & software, join CHI-RESOURCES      mailto: [log in to unmask]     To unsubscribe from CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS send an email to      mailto:[log in to unmask]     For further details of CHI lists see http://listserv.acm.org     ---------------------------------------------------------------