From:
Benjamin Cowan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Benjamin Cowan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 2017 14:18:24 +0000
===Irish Human Computer Interaction (iHCI 2017), Dublin ====

===== www.ihci2017.wordpress.com=====

The deadline for the Irish HCI PhD Presentation session submissions is
approaching.

Deadline: 8th November 2017
Notification of Acceptance: 10th November 2017

====PhD Presentation Sessions ====

For this year's annual Irish HCI event (iHCI) we are asking PhD students
at all stages for submissions to present their PhD topic.

Each student will get 1 slide and will have 1 minute to present their
PhD topic to the audience.

To submit please fill in the form at the link below:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdQfk3V82kpCLGVoGucd4u5JnSC1QtLK6fOLekKE_7wHUS4ew/viewform

====About iHCI 2017====

The event will have keynote talks from three leading voices in the field
of HCI.

It will also showcase leading research by researchers in Ireland, and by
Irish researchers working internationally, through curated presentation
sessions.

===Confirmed Keynotes===

Duncan Brumby, UCL Interaction Centre

Julie Doyle, Dundalk Institute of Technology

Chris Preist, University of Bristol

===Registration===

Registration for Irish HCI is free and is now open at the link below

https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/ihci-2017-symposium-tickets-38653202770

As space is limited please only register if you are planning to attend
the event.

===Organisers===

Marguerite Barry, School of Information & Communication Studies, UCD
Leigh Clark, School of Information & Communication Studies, UCD
Benjamin R. Cowan, School of Information & Communication Studies, UCD
David Coyle, School of Computer Science, UCD

--
Too brief? Here's why http://emailcharter.org

=====================
Benjamin R Cowan PhD
Lecturer
Co-Director of the Creative Technologies Network
School of Information & Communication Studies
University College Dublin
Twitter: @BCowanHCI
Web: www.benjamincowan.com
CTN Web: www.creativetechnologiesnetwork.com

NB- I do not check my email at weekends or much in the evening.
If anything is urgent please phone.
=====================
Recent papers:
Pinder, C., Vermeulen, J., Cowan, B.R., Beale, R., & Hendley, R. (To
Appear). Exploring the Feasibility of Subliminal Priming on Smartphones.
Proceedings of Mobile HCI 2017.

Cowan, B.R., et al., (To Appear). "What can I help you with?":
Infrequent users' experiences of Intelligent Personal Assistants.
Proceedings of Mobile HCI 2017.

Huang, Y., Gilmartin, E., Cowan, B.R., & Campbell, N. (2016). A
Preliminary Exploration of Group Social Engagement Level Recognition in
Multiparty Casual Conversation. Proceedings of SPECOM 2016,Budapest,
Hungary, p.75-83.