From:
Markus Schedl <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Markus Schedl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Nov 2013 22:25:04 +0100
Dear researcher,

We are happy to announce an open position for a researcher at PostDoc
level at the Department of Computational Perception (www.cp.jku.at) of
the Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria (www.jku.at).

We are looking for outstanding scientists to work in the exciting
research project "Social Media Mining for Multimodal Music Retrieval"
(http://www.cp.jku.at/research/projects/P25655/project.html).

For this project, we are seeking creative and highly motivated
researchers with a strong background, underlined by several publications
in top-tier journals/conferences of their research field(s). Applicants
are required to show expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- social media analysis and mining
- multimedia processing and retrieval
- recommender systems (in particular, hybrid and context-aware)
- user interfaces, information visualization, and HCI (preferably
experience with intelligent music browsing interfaces)

Preference will be given to candidates who combine expertise in several
fields mentioned above.
Further vital requirements are creativity, motivation, ability to carry
out research independently, and excellent skills in English.
The successful applicant will be given a lot of freedom in pursuing
research, within the scope of the project. He or she will be allowed to
work in a creative environment, within an excellent research team with
many international connections. Moreover, we offer flexible working
times and the opportunity to present research results in an
international context.

The employment will preferably start in January 2014, its duration will
be 22 months (including a probation period of 6 months).
The salary will amount to about EUR 47,700 per year (pre-tax).

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me via
[log in to unmask] To apply, please send your application including
CV, list of publications, 1-3 substantial and related publication(s),
and any other material you consider interesting via email to:

Dr. Markus Schedl
Department of Computational Perception
Johannes Kepler University (JKU)
Altenberger Strasse 69