From:
KAREN CHURCH <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
KAREN CHURCH <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Feb 2012 14:25:53 +0100
[Apologies for cross-posting]

RecSys 2012: CALL FOR WORKSHOP PROPOSALS

6th ACM International Conference on Recommender Systems (RecSys 2012)

September 9 - 13, 2012, Dublin, Ireland
http://recsys.acm.org/2012/

Submission Deadline: March 15, 2012

CALL FOR WORKSHOP PROPOSALS

RecSys 2012 is pleased to invite proposals for workshops to be held in
conjunction with the conference. The goal of the workshops is to provide
additional venues for presenting research on topics of interest and an
informal forum to discuss research questions and challenges.

We encourage proposals for a wide range of workshops, including but not
limited to:

- Working group meetings organized around a specific problem; such
workshops may wish to ask participants to submit a short white paper or
position statement.
- One day mini-conferences on specialized topics; such workshops may have
their own paper submission and review processes.
- Mini-competitions or challenges around selected topics with individual
or team participation.

We welcome proposals for half-day and full-day workshops.

We encourage you to contact us in advance ([log in to unmask],
[log in to unmask]) with workshop ideas; we will work with prospective
workshop organizers to help them design successful proposals. We actively
encourage both researchers and industry practitioners to submit workshop
proposals.

IMPORTANT DATES

- March 15, 2012: Workshop proposals due
- Apr 7, 2012: Decisions announced
- Jun 8, 2012: Workshop paper submission deadline
- Jun 22, 2012: Author notification
- Jul 6, 2012: Camera-ready workshop papers due
- Sept 9, 2012: Workshops day 1
- Sept 13, 2012: Workshops day 2

PROPOSAL FORMAT

The workshop proposal should be a PDF document no more than 4 pages long,
submitted by e-mail to [log in to unmask] and organized as follows:

1.    Workshop Title
2.    Name, email address, and affiliation for workshop chair(s)
3.    Requested duration (half day or full day), and maximum number of
participants
4.    Short description of workshop for use in advertising workshop to
prospective participants. This description should include the topic,
format, and details about what type of submission is requested from
prospective attendees. It should not include the title, organizers, or fee
structure (all of which will be inserted by the conference).
5.    Description of workshop activities. Outline how the workshop will be
organized and how the time will be spent. If the workshop is selective,
also outline the process of selecting participants.
6.    Description of plans for promoting the workshop (aside from the
conference website and announcements, how will you let people know about
this workshop).
7.    Plans for disseminating the results of the workshop (if any).
8.    History of prior workshops on this topic (if any).

Please visit the conference website at http://recsys.acm.org/2012/ for
more information.

RecSys 2012 WORKSHOP CHAIRS

Jill Freyne, CSIRO, Australia
Pearl Pu, Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland

FURTHER INFORMATION

For more details on the 2012 edition of RecSys, please visit the
conference website: http://recsys.acm.org/2012/ or you can follow us on
twitter @recsys2012

--
Karen Church
Telefonica Research

This message is intended exclusively for its addressee. We only send and receive email on the basis of the terms set out at