From:
Chiara Rossitto <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chiara Rossitto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Dec 2016 12:21:51 +0000
Dear colleagues please consider submitting to this workshop that will take place at CHI 2017 on May 6th.

This 1-day workshop brings together an international, and cross-disciplinary working group to explore the use of design fiction to create concepts for mixed-reality performances. By drawing attention to novel interactive technologies, such as bio-sensors and environmental IoT, we seek to generate design fiction scenarios capturing the aesthetic and interactive potential for mixed-reality performances, as well as the challenges to gain access to audience members’ data – i.e. physiological states, daily routines, conversations, etc. During the workshop we will collaboratively generate and design fictional scripts, programs, tickets, posters and other archetypes of performances that take advantage of environmental IoT and personal biological sensor devices. This will involve the production and discussion of fictional performance tropes, metaphors, and interaction modalities drawing on sensor-based interactions and IoT.

We invite academics, performers, designers, and artists to submit a 2-4 page position paper in CHI ACM Extended Abstract Format, a 3-5 minute video, or 2-4 page pictorial. Submissions are welcome on related topics such as: mixed-reality performances, design fiction, or sensors data in interaction.

At least one author of each accepted position paper must register and attend the workshop. All workshop participants must register for both the workshop and for at least one day of the ACM CHI conference.

Accepted position papers and demos will be published on the workshop website prior to the start of the event for attendants to read and discuss.

Please direct queries and paper submissions to Asreen Rostami ([log in to unmask]<http://dsv.su.se>), with “CHI17 workshop” in the subject.