Sender:
Date:
Mon, 4 Nov 2013 22:00:53 +0200
From:
Reyyan Ayfer <[log in to unmask]>
Hi,

ACM-W Europe, the Association for Computing Machinery's Committee on
Women in Computing in Europe are sponsoring a conference specifically
for encouraging women to stay in the field. This conference will be
held in Manchester, UK, with the motto womENcourage. As you are a
member of the ACM in Europe, we are reaching out to you to help us
to inform students in your programme. Can you please distribute the
poster athttp://cdt.bilkent.edu.tr/ACM_WomENcourage2014
and announce to your students about the conference?

Encourage your students to submit a poster and to apply for travel
grants so that they have the funds to travel to the conference.

OPPORTUNITIES for Students
--------------------------
- Submit an abstract for the Student Poster session:http://womencourage.acm.org/poster.cfm
We invite poster submissions of original work by students (female
and male) in all areas of computing and related disciplines.

DEADLINE December 13th, 2013.

- Apply for a Travel Granthttp://womencourage.acm.org/grants.cfm
A limited number of travel grants will be available to assist with
travel expenses to the conference.  DEADLINE December 13th, 2013.

- See the poster for the conference here:http://cdt.bilkent.edu.tr/ACM_WomENcourage2014
which can be e-mailed to students or printed as small flyers. Please
distribute this poster to your students and if you would like a
larger poster for printing let us know and we will email it to you.

We are looking forward to seeing you and your students at womENcourage
on March 1, 2014. Please feel free to contact us [log in to unmask]
if you have questions or need more information.

Best wishes,

Reyyan Ayfer, ACM-W Europe Chair
Eva Navarro Lopez, Conference Co-Chair
Bev Bachmayer, Conference Co-Chair