From:
John Quarles <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Quarles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Nov 2014 13:06:29 -0600
Tutorials provide an excellent starting point to topics in our field,
both for novice researchers and experienced ones. We invite our
community to submit proposals for full-day or half-day tutorials to be
presented on Monday March 23rd, or Tuesday March 24th, 2015. Please note
that Workshops and the 3DUI Symposium will also be held on these two days.

Proposed tutorials may be targeted at an introductory or advanced level,
and should address topics of interest to the VR, mixed or augmented
reality, or 3D user interface communities. Proposals will be evaluated
based on their relevance to the conference topics and their suitability
for presentation in a tutorial format, as well as the qualifications of
the instructors. We will strive for a balance of topics in the tutorial
program and also consider the potential for interest and attendance.
Upon review of submitted proposals, suggestions may be provided by the
Tutorials chairs to submitters on how to improve their submission. (See
schedule below.)

Suggested topics include but are not limited to:

Immersive gaming
3D interaction for VR/AR/MR
Input devices for VR/AR/MR
Haptics, audio, and other non-visual interfaces
VR systems and toolkits
Augmented and mixed reality
Computer graphics techniques for VR/AR/MR
Advanced display technology
Immersive projection technology
Multi-user and distributed VR/AR/MR
Serious games
Tracking and sensing
Modeling and simulation
User studies and evaluation
Perception, presence, and cognition
Navigation
Applications of VR/AR/MR
Teleoperation and telepresence

Proposals are welcome on topics that have been previously addressed; new
approaches or insights are especially appreciated. Submissions should
include a statement indicating how the proposal differs from recent
tutorial presentations that may have approached a similar topic, or why
it is important to offer it again. Topics in the list of suggested
topics appropriate for paper submissions to the main conference are also
welcome.

Proposals for tutorials should be submitted electronically (MS Word,
PDF, or text) and should include:

A title for the tutorial
Proposed length (full or half day)
A brief description of the topics to be addressed, including time
allotted to each (roughly 500 words)
The technical level and intended audience
The expected value to that audience
The names, contact information and a short biography (roughly 200 words
each) for the proposed instructors.
Also include whether the tutorial (or similar one) has been delivered
before (where and when), and if so, why it should be held again. This is
required whether the proposers organized the previous tutorials
themselves or the previous tutorials were taught by someone else.

For each accepted tutorial, we will be able to provide one free
registration for the first two days of IEEE VR 2015 (March 23-24, 2015).

Important Dates

November 30: Tutorial Submissions Due
Dec. 8: Initial Notification (with review suggestions)
December 19: Final Acceptance Notification
January 10, 2015: Advance Program Descriptions for Website and
Camera-ready Two-page Abstract due

Tutorial submissions must be submitted via email to the Tutorials Chairs
at the address below.

For more information, to inquire about a particular tutorial topic, or
to submit a proposal, please contact the Tutorials Chairs:

Amy Banic
Mark Billinghurst
Oliver Staadt