Date:
Mon, 8 Sep 2014 19:28:11 +0000
From:
Roto Virpi <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
Welcome to NordiCHI¹14!
Fun, Fast, Foundational
26.-30.10.2014, Helsinki, Finland
Early bird registration by September 18
http://nordichi2014.org

Highlights:
* Keynotes by Don Norman and Antti Oulasvirta
* 3 parallel tracks of high-quality research results in various areas of
HCI
* Industry Day with talks from industry
* Demos, posters, videos, panels, design cases, student design competition
* Pre-conference tutorials and workshops run at the ARTS school of Aalto
University
* The main conference venue is located in the center of Helsinki
* Three evening events included in the registration fee
* A night of Finnish Experiences after the official closing

NordiCHI¹14 is the 8th Nordic Conference on Human-Computer Interaction,
which is organized in collaboration with ACM SIGCHI and hosted by Aalto
University. The conference covers a wide range of HCI topics, similar to
the CHI conference. NordiCHI is a well-established and growing conference,
and this year we received paper submissions from 41 countries, the
acceptance rate being 25%. We expect 400+ participants from 30+ countries
to attend NordiCHI¹14.

The main conference takes place in central Helsinki, Marina Congress
Center, on October 28-30, 2014. However, the workshops, tutorials, and
doctoral consortium already start running at Aalto University on October
26. The final program of the main conference will be decided during
September, but the backbone, the Papers Program, is now available at
http://nordichi2014.org/program/overview.

Early bird registration fees are provided until September 18, so act now
and register! http://nordichi2014.org/attending/registration
Before registering, check out our exciting selection of tutorials, running
on Sunday and Monday: http://nordichi2014.org/program/tutorials

We warmly welcome You to NordiCHI¹14!
http://nordichi2014.org

Virpi Roto and Jonna Häkkilä