From:
Anne-Marie Pinna <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anne-Marie Pinna <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jun 2020 14:24:56 +0200
Call for Contributions and for Participation to the EICS’2020 Workshop
Entrain, Exploring New Territorial User Interfaces.

Website: https://nomos.i3s.unice.fr/fr/node/10

Virtual meeting: June, the 23th 2020
https://bit.ly/nomos-2020-06-23 (Deadline: June, the 19th 2020)

ABSTRACT

The Entrain workshop focus on modeling and specification of
collaborative systems where users interact through multi-surface
devices. We aim at exploring the different approaches to design
interactive applications for groups of users using a set of interacting
surfaces to perform their tasks with an optimal user experience.

Participants are invited to present both the models and/or design
methods as well as the case studies and applications they are studying
in this context. We would like to set up a discussion group in order to
put each person’s work in perspective with the notion of territoriality
applied to ambient computing and multiple devices.

The territoriality theory may serve as a basis for the design of complex
interactive applications of quality. From these discussions will emerge
a mapping of models and design methods that could be mutualized and
combined.

For more details: https://dl.acm.org/doi/abs/10.1145/3393672.3398648

In order to maximize the interaction among the participants during the
period of the Covid-19 pandemic, we propose two meetings as follows

A virtual meeting on June 23th 2020. The goal of this virtual meeting is
to identify researchers, industrialist, and students, working including
a perspective of territoriality in interactive systems and to propose
modeling activities to describe territoriality features... The results
of these modeling activities are to be presented at the second meeting
in November. We welcome participants willing to present on-going results
or position paper. Nonetheless, the meeting is open to every interested
in the topics.

A hybrid (both physical and virtual) meeting on November 26-27th 2020 at
University Côte d'Azur (Nice, France). The goal of this meeting is to
present the results of activities started during the online meeting and
allow new contributions for those could not attend/present the online
meeting.

KEYWORDS

Design Space, Distributed User Interfaces, Interaction surface,
Model-based approach, Multi-surface interaction, Territoriality,
Territorial User Interfaces.

DATES AND PROGRAMS

Virtual meeting: June, the 23th 2020, 10h-12h and 14h-18h (CET)

14h30-16h00: (confirmed) Keynote by Laurent Taskin, Full Professor at
Université Catholique de Louvain, "The study of territoriality in
distributed workspaces"

To submit and to register: https://bit.ly/nomos-2020-06-23 (Deadline:
June, the 19th 2020)

Face-to-face meeting - thorough work: November, the 26th and the 27th
2020

Deadline: November, the 6th 2020

ORGANIZERS

The organizers of this Workshop are partners of the NOMOS project
supported by the Hubert Curien Partnership Tournesol program which
facilitates scientific cooperation between France and Belgium:

Prof. M. Winckler, AM Dery Pinna and P. Renevier Gonin, assistant
professors, in the I3S laboratory - France;

S. Lepreux, assistant professor, and C. Kolski, professor, in the LAMIH
laboratory UMR CNRS 8201, Univ. Polytechnique Hauts-de-France - France;

J. Vanderdonckt, professor in Université Catholique de Louvain
(UCLouvain) - Belgium.