Sender:
From:
Graystreak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 08:32:04 -0400
CONTACT: Panels Chairs (see below)

Call for Vision Statements
(nominal deadline: 14 July, 2001)

CHI2002 Panels

http://www.acm.org/sigchi/chi2002/panels.html

We would like to invite you to submit Vision Statements for panels for
CHI2002, which will be held on 20-25 April 2002 in Minneapolis, Minnesota
USA.  We especially wish to encourage Vision Statements from people who
have never done panels before, from non-US proposers, and from CHI
professionals who feel important issues are not being presented at CHI
conferences.

The nominal deadline for vision statements is the 14th of July, this
Saturday.  However, because the Vision Statement is an informal submission
and request for assistance or mentoring, we are willing to accept Vision
Statements that arrive after the deadline.

The point of a Vision Statement is to give you, the proposer, an
opportunity to get "a leg up" on the final proposal submission.  If you
have a good idea, or a few thoughts, and want to get assistance and input,
then the Vision Statement is for you.  If you have never submitted a panel
proposal before, then the Vision Statement is for you.

We will give you candid, direct feedback on your Vision Statement.  We
will help you refine your ideas.  We will help you find panelists and get
in touch with people who may be valuable resources to you.

Important points to remember about Vision Statements:
- they are not commitments.  You can submit a Vision Statement and later
  decide not to submit a formal Proposal.
- they are not going to harm you.  If you receive negative feedback about
  your Vision Statement, your Proposal will still be considered, and by
  different reviewers than those who saw your original Vision Statement.
- they do not have a fixed form.  You can write free text or organize your
  Vision Statement in whatever way best supports explaining your idea.
- no text from a Vision Statement will be published in any way.  You may
  choose to use text from your Vision Statement in your Proposal or Panel
  Description, if accepted.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about
panels, vision statements, or the submission requirements.

Final Proposal Deadline:  14 September 2001
Send Vision Statements, and final Proposals to:

For submission details: http://www.acm.org/sigchi/chi2002/panels.html

Workshops Co-Chairs:

Alan Wexelblat
HOVIR