Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2021 11:22:29 +1100
Sender: "ACM SIGCHI General Interest Announcements (Mailing List)" <[log in to unmask]>
From: Leimin Tian <[log in to unmask]>
Affective Computing and Intelligent Interaction (ACII) 2021
Second Call for Workshops and Challenges
28 Sep – 1 Oct 2021, *Virtual*
https://www.acii-conf.net/2021/workshops/

*Final Call for Workshop Proposals*
The organizing committee of Affective Computing and Intelligent Interaction
(ACII) 2021 is now inviting proposals for workshops and challenges. The
biennial conference is the flagship conference for research in Affective
Computing, covering topics related to the study of intelligent systems that
read, express, or otherwise use emotion.

Workshops at ACII allow a group of scientists an opportunity to get
together to network and discuss a specific topic in detail. Examples of
past workshops include: Emotions in Games, Affective Brain-Computer
Interfaces, Affective Touch, Group Emotions, Affective Computing for
Affective Disorders, etc. We want to encourage workshop proposals that draw
together interdisciplinary perspectives on topics in affective computing.
We also welcome Challenge-type workshops, where workshop participants would
work on a shared task. Proposals are also encouraged that make a connection
to the theme of the conference on “Ethical Affective Computing”, and
consider issues around the ethical use of affective computing technologies.

Workshops should focus on a central question or topic, and will be held the
day before the conference. Workshop organizers will be responsible for
soliciting and reviewing papers, and putting together an exciting schedule.
We also encourage workshop organizers to allow for time for networking and
discussion. Workshop organizers are also expected to present a short
summary of the workshop during the main conference to allow dissemination
of the workshop outcomes to the wider community.

*Submission Procedures*
Please submit proposals as a single PDF via email to Desmond Ong (
[log in to unmask]) AND Luke Chang ([log in to unmask]) with the
following information:

   - Title of Workshop
   - Organizers and affiliations, with a main contact person identified if
   there are multiple organizers
   - Rationale for the workshop, which should cover the importance and
   timeliness of the proposed topic to ACII, as well as the scope of the
   workshop.
   - Expected outcomes and impact of the workshop
   - Length of workshop (full-day or half-day)
   - Proposed format of workshop (e.g., oral presentations, poster session,
   breaks).
   - List of tentative and confirmed PC members (mention, per PC member,
   whether tentative or confirmed)
      - Workshop PC members are in charge of the peer review process, and
      the workshop organizer will collate and recommend acceptances of the
      papers to ACII Workshop Chairs.
   - Expected number of submissions, planned acceptance rate, and paper
   length, review process (with schedule)
      - We recommend a workshop paper submission deadline sometime in May,
      with notifications due back to authors by June or early July, in time for
      Camera Ready papers due July 30, 2021
      - We will work with workshop organizers to have access to the
      conference submission system that we will be using for the main
conference
      (details TBA to accepted workshops).
   - Advertising plan (e.g. listserves or conferences or other communities
   that you will advertise the workshop call to). Also include where you
   plan to host the workshop website.
   - Tentative/confirmed keynote speaker(s): please include short
   biographical details and details on the topic.
   - Any logistical requirements.
   - List of related and previous workshops/conferences on this/related
   topics.

*Important Dates*

   - *Feb 23 (extended), 2021: Workshop proposal submission deadline*
   - Mar 7, 2021: Notification of acceptance of Workshop proposal
   - May (TBD by workshop organizers): Workshop paper submission deadline
   - June/July (TBD by workshop organizers): Workshop paper notification
   - July 30, 2021: Workshop Camera Ready Papers Due (same as main
   conference)
   - September 28, 2021: Date of Workshops