IEEE ISMAR 2018 Workshop on Creativity in Design with & for Mixed Reality
Munich, 20 October 2018
Submission deadline: August 1, 2018
Although developments in devices and software are maturing towards novel Mixed Reality systems, there is too little connection to the design field. Especially if AR is combined with other “smart” technologies (internet of things), perspectives shift from merely technical characteristics and quantifiable human factors to more complex UX scenarios. Although there are other special interest groups/conferences that in part cover this theme (CHI, IUI, UIST), we would think that ISMAR is a better venue in connecting the graphics/tracking community with design researchers. We also would like to address the lack of software engineering skills with design students/professionals. How can we bridge these disciplines and silos of innovation?
This workshop invites both industrial and academic participants to contribute to this debate, first of all by submitting extended abstracts that cover case studies, best practices and challenges in design for/with AR.
The workshop will address open research issues, including, but not limited to:
- Case studies on using MR/AR for design applications.
- Tools & methods for creativity and UX while designing MR /AR.
- Challenges in embedding AR in shippable products/services.
- Effects of MR/AR on the design process.
During the workshop we will ask contributors to present a live demonstration/video, in combination with reflections and future recommendations.
Prospective authors are invited to submit position papers demonstrating research, design, practice or interest in collaborative mixed reality environments. To cater for a design debate, we strongly encourage submissions of annotated artworks/3D scenes/pictures/floorplans as well as more traditional papers.
Position papers should be 2-6 pages long, which will be peer-reviewed and after acceptance be published in the adjunct proceedings or ISMAR.
Papers will be peer-reviewed and after acceptance be published in the adjunct proceedings or ISMAR. During the workshop papers will be presented/demonstrations as short presentations. Submissions should not be anonymized and the author names and affiliations should be displayed on the first page. At least one author of each accepted paper must attend the workshop and register for at least one day of the conference. All accepted papers workshop’s papers will be published in the ISMAR 2018 Adjunct Proceedings.
Submissions should be sent to: [log in to unmask]
- Submission deadline: August 1, 2018.
- Notification of acceptance: August 14, 2018.
- Camera ready deadline for the adjunct proceedings : September 4, 2018
- Workshop date: Saturday October 20, 2018
Looking forward to receive your contributions. If you have any question please feel free to contact us by email at: [log in to unmask]
- Jouke Verlinden, Faculty of Design Sciences, University of Antwerp, Belgium.
- Regan Watts, Faculty of Design Sciences, University of Antwerp, Belgium.
- Doris Aschenbrenner, Faculty of Industrial Design, Delft University of Technology, the Netherlands.
- Stephan Lukosch, Faculty of Technology, Policy and Management, Delft University of Technology, the Netherlands.
Dr. Stephan G. Lukosch
Delft University of Technology
Faculty of Technology, Policy, and Management
2628 BX Delft
P +31 (0)15-2783403
E [log in to unmask]
For news of CHI books, courses & software, join CHI-RESOURCES
mailto: [log in to unmask]
To unsubscribe from CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS send an email to
mailto:[log in to unmask]
For further details of CHI lists see http://listserv.acm.org