From:
Jonas Landgren <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jonas Landgren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Sep 2008 10:34:39 +0200
CALL FOR SPECIAL SESSION PROPOSALS

----
---------
ISCRAM2009
6th International Conference on Information Systems for Crisis
Response and
Management
May 10-13 2009
Göteborg, Sweden

PROPOSAL SUBMISSION DEADLINE: September 20, 2008
http://www.iscram.org
Join us at the ISCRAM Facebook group
----
---------

An important factor for the success of the former ISCRAM conferences has
been the active involvement of community members to suggest and organize
special sessions for the conference. For ISCRAM 2009, we will provide
for
the first time a selection of tracks that cover core ISCRAM themes and
topics that we intend to be recurring over a number of future
conferences.
In this way, we want to create a stronger foundation for the ISCRAM
conferences with recurring well-defined themes.

The following 9 tracks have been defined for ISCRAM2009:

1. Humanitarian Actions and Operations
2. Collaboration and Social Networking
3. Human-Computer Interaction
4. Geo-Information Support
5. Intelligent Systems
6. Standardization and Ontologies
7. Research methods
8. Technologies, Tools and Demos
9. Open-track

Each track now invites Special Sessions that in connection to its
specific
theme cover any type of 'crisis issue' such as:

- crisis management and all its different phases (preparedness,
mitigation,
response, recovery);
- Individual, team, group, organizational perspectives;
- Grass-roots and citizen actions or involvement;
- Private-public partnerships, inter-organizational collaboration or
coordination, virtual organizations;
- Business continuity, risk management, governance.

Any Special Session proposal should be linked to only one of the above
tracks.

All Special Session proposals must be formatted according to the
ISCRAM 2009
formatting guidelines. The description for a special session should be
written in the form of a 'Call for Papers' for the session. The
Template to
be used for this is available on www.iscram.org (Special Session
Template).

All Special Session proposals must be submitted through the
ISCRAM2009 paper
submission system at the ISCRAM2009 submission site

In case the Special Session is accepted, the (co-)chairs will take
responsability in managing their session. This includes organizing the
review process, for which further instructions will be given. We will
make
use of the accepted sessions to structure the Call for Papers that
will be
sent out on September 25, 2008.

Please direct questions concerning track-specific or call related
issues to
the corresponding co-chair of the specific track. All other questions
should
be made to [log in to unmask]

Important Dates:

September 20, 2008: Special session submission deadline
September 25, 2008: Notification of acceptance of special sessions
September 25, 2008: Call for Papers
January 11, 2009: Paper submission deadline
February 16, 2009: Notification of (conditional) acceptance
March 1, 2009: Final paper submission deadline
March 9, 2009: Final author notification
March 22, 2009: Early Registration deadline
May 10-13, 2009: ISCRAM2009 conference

Jonas Landgren, Researcher (PhD)
Research Manager Public Safety Group
Viktoria Institute, www.viktoria.se