Sender: "ACM SIGCHI General Interest Announcements (Mailing List)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2019 14:38:27 +0000
From: Bahar Irfan <[log in to unmask]>
** Our apologies for cross postings **

HRI 2020 Student Volunteer Program
=======================================

Applications are due on January 11, 2019. The link can be found at http://humanrobotinteraction.org/2020/student-volunteer-program/

=======================================

We are accepting student volunteer (SV) applications to the 15th Annual ACM/IEEE International Conference on Human Robot Interaction, HRI 2020. The conference will be held in Cambridge, UK from March 23–26, 2020.

SVs are the heart of what makes a conference run smoothly, providing support for various activities at the conference (e.g., registration desk, technical assistance during presentations, demo setup/take down). The early conference registration fee will be reimbursed to the SVs after the conference. Partial coverage of travel and other conference-related expenses have been offered in the past years. However, we cannot guarantee reimbursement for such expenses because this depends on the conference budget. SVs will be informed as funding becomes available after the applications are closed. On the other hand, we have reserved and limited SIGCHI travel support grants for SVs from non-US institutions who are accepted to HRI Pioneers workshop.

Being an SV is a great way to participate in one of the leading conferences in the HRI research community, expand your knowledge, and network with many fellow students. We would like to include students with diverse backgrounds from everywhere in the world. In the selection of SVs, priority will be given to students with accepted conference or workshop paper(s) and to HRI Pioneers. However, we still encourage other students to apply for the SV Program.

Please note that the applications cannot be modified, and there is no priority for early applications. If you have any submission to Late Breaking Reports, alt.HRI, Demonstrations, Videos, or Student Design Competition, we suggest waiting for January 3 before submitting your application.

Keep in mind that student volunteers are expected to work a minimum of 20 hours and attend the conference from its start to close (March 23 – 26, 2020). Student volunteers will be required to arrive at the conference site by March 22nd for the training session before the conference.

Any questions can be directed to the student volunteer chairs, Bahar Irfan, Swapna Joshi and Christopher Wallbridge, at: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

We hope to see you at HRI 2020!

Regards,

Bahar İrfan
Early-Stage Researcher in APRIL, Marie-Sklodowska Curie ITN project

University of Plymouth, Centre for Robotics and Neural Systems
Room A216 Portland Square, Plymouth University, Drake Circus, PL4 8AA Plymouth, United Kingdom

SoftBank Robotics Europe, AI Lab
43 Rue du Colonel Pierre Avia, 75015 Paris, France

[http://www.plymouth.ac.uk/images/email_footer.gif]<http://www.plymouth.ac.uk/worldclass>

This email and any files with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the recipient to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient then copying, distribution or other use of the information contained is strictly prohibited and you should not rely on it. If you have received this email in error please let the sender know immediately and delete it from your system(s). Internet emails are not necessarily secure. While we take every care, University of Plymouth accepts no responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan emails and their attachments. University of Plymouth does not accept responsibility for any changes made after it was sent. Nothing in this email or its attachments constitutes an order for goods or services unless accompanied by an official order form.