Sender:
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2017 08:08:44 +0000
From:
Mattheiss Elke <[log in to unmask]>
Dear colleagues,

due to several requests we extended the deadline for our UMAP workshop "Fifty Shades of Personalization - Workshop on Personalization in Serious and Persuasive Games and Gameful Interactions (WPPG)".

*Timeline & more Information*

Find more information on our workshop website:

http://personalizedgames2017.tech-experience.at

Submission deadline extended: *30th of April 2017*

Acceptance notification: *20th of May 2017*

Camera-ready submissions: *28th of May 2017*

Workshop: *09th of July 2017 in Bratislava, Slovakia.*

*About the workshop*

Personalization of serious and persuasive games, as well as gameful interactions has become more important than ever in a wide range of areas (e.g., health, sustainability, education, and security). Thus, this full-day workshop at UMAP will mark an important milestone in this field by bringing together a specialized community of participants to explore new scientific contributions and consider the future of personalization. The workshop's special focus will be on complementary approaches - the shades - of personalization:

*        subjective vs. objective variables,

*        continuous vs. categorical dimensions,

*        personalization of the means vs. the ends of the interaction,

*        personalization in real-time vs. at one point in time,

which we expect to stimulate extensive discussions and inspire new research ideas.

Workshop participants will contribute with "pieces" (submissions of theoretical or empirical papers and demos) to build the basis for a new and unified framework for personalization of serious and persuasive games and gameful interactions.

*How to participate*

Participants are asked to submit "pieces" as contributions to the above-listed topics. The "pieces" can be theoretical, phenomenological or empirical in nature in the following categories:

*        *Position papers (2-4 pages),*

*        *Full research papers (4-6 pages),*

*        *Videos and interactive demos (along with a 2-4 pages description*).

During the Workshop, we will collect, discuss and reflect on various personalization approaches for serious games and gameful interactions to create a new and unified personalization framework based on these "pieces".

The "pieces" should clearly state how they contribute to building a framework for personalization. Indicated page limits include bibliography.

The submissions have to be formatted according to the ACM Standard SIGCONF template <http://www.acm.org/publications/proceedings-template> ( http://www.acm.org/publications/proceedings-template). In order to peer-review the submission, we will establish a workshop program committee and all submissions will be reviewed by at least two peers (in ambiguous cases by three peers).

Please send your submissions to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us!

On behalf of the workshop organizers:

*Elke Mattheiss & Marc Busch* - AIT Austrian Institute of Technology GmbH

*Rita Orji* - University of Waterloo

*Gustavo F. Tondello* - University of Waterloo

*Andrzej Marczewski* - Gamified.uk

*Wolfgang Hochleitner & Michael Lankes* - University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria

*Manfred Tscheligi* - University of Salzburg & AIT

Best regards,
Elke

ELKE MATTHEISS
Scientist
Center for Technology Experience

AIT Austrian Institute of Technology GmbH
Giefinggasse 2 | 1210 Vienna | Austria
T +43 50550-4537 | M +43 664 88964937
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | www.ait.ac.at<http://www.ait.ac.at/>

View my research profile: www.ait.ac.at/profile/detail/Mattheiss-Elke/<http://www.ait.ac.at/profile/detail/Mattheiss-Elke/>