From:
"Oguz Buruk (TAU)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Oguz Buruk (TAU)
Date:
Tue, 24 May 2022 09:03:30 +0000
Dear all,

UNITE GamiFOREST Coffee Talk Series continues with Laura Cosio’s presentation about climate change and virtual reality.

Please join us in Zoom, details are below.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
UNITE GamiFOREST Coffee Talks #4
Engaging with Climate Change through Virtual Forests by Laura Cosio

An intensifying trend in predicted climate change impacts and the complexity of the data required to generate models on its effects on our forests places greater demands on being able to visualize this information in a manner for all to understand is becoming increasingly important. Fortunately, in the last decade, our technological abilities have developed to better visualize these changes and data to the point where we can create realistic virtual forests that can be interacted with from anywhere. How can Virtual Forests help us to visualize and learn about the changes occurring in our forests and their ecosystems? How can these Virtual Forests be used to engage and educate varying communities to foster interest and decision-making for their local forests? We will discuss existing projects and how virtual forests could be used to embody climate change to facilitate cooperation and action from differing communities.
Date: 27.05.2022
Time: 13:00 (Helsinki Time)
Zoom Link: https://tuni.zoom.us/j/63151004816
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WHAT ARE UNITE GAMIFOREST COFFEE TALKS?
The aim of the Gamiforest Coffee Talks is to give the latest updates about the different projects going on in the scope of the Gamification Work Package of Unite Project and start conversations around them. Each month a researcher from Gamification Group, Tampere University will give talks about the following subjects. Our ultimate purpose with these talks is to create awareness about the possible ways of gamifying forests, raise discussions, hear the feedback of the community and form collaborations with the interested parties. Please leave your e-mail address through the form below if you want to be reminded about the talks closer to their dates. Subscribe to email notifications if you want to be informed about upcoming talks or see the videos of previous talks: https://webpages.tuni.fi/gamification/gamiforest-coffee-talks/

Best regards,

Oğuz 'Oz' Buruk, PhD
Senior Research Fellow
Game Design / Interaction Design
Gamification Group
Faculty of Information Technology and Communication Sciences

Tampere University
Tampere, Finland

oguzturanburuk.com<http://oguzturanburuk.com/>
gamification.group<http://gamification.group/>