From:
Katrien Verbert <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Katrien Verbert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 May 2016 16:55:22 +0200
Apologies for cross-postings. Please forward to interested colleagues and mailing lists.

Open PhD/Postdoc position in Human-Computer Interaction at KU Leuven

https://icts.kuleuven.be/apps/jobsite/vacatures/53735981

The HCI research group at KU Leuven in Belgium is looking for new members to join our team!

We have an open position (fully funded) on HCI aspects of recommender systems. We welcome applications of both postdocs and PhD candidates.
The focus of the research for the position is on user interfaces for recommender systems that suggest items that match user preferences. The overall objective is to research the use of information visualization techniques to give end-users insight into the rationale of recommender systems to increase trust in recommendations. In addition, we are researching how we can use visualization techniques to enable end-users to help steer the recommendation process by providing feedback and additional input.

Funding is available immediately. The research will be carried out at the Department of Computer Science of KU Leuven.

We expect from applicants:
- an excellent Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- a very good background and interest in human-computer interaction research
- strong programming skills and the ability to do independent research
- strong commitment and the ability to work in a team
- a high level of proficiency in English, both spoken and written.