From:
Hilda Tellioglu <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Hilda Tellioglu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Apr 2019 10:37:02 +0200
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

Mobility Transformation at Communities & Technologies
4 June 2019, Vienna, Austria
https://mobility.media.tuwien.ac.at/
A workshop at the Communities & Technologies Conference - C&T 2019
https://2019.comtech.community

SUBMISSIONS due 4 May 2019

DESCRIPTION
The workshop on "Mobility Transformation: What does mobility mean in the future?" aims to address several questions around the subject mobility in the context of transformation, which we are all concerned about. We want to bring researchers and practitioners from different disciplines together. We want to initiate and document a multidisciplinary discourse about different aspects of mobility by trying to create a consensus and identifying open questions and challenges for the future.

A detailed description of the workshop focus is available at https://mobility.media.tuwien.ac.at/

In concrete, the main goal of the workshop is to discuss and reflect on emerging but not well-discussed and unsolved issues of transformation of mobility and the related areas:
* How can we shape mobility transformation of our society by considering individual, social, economic, and environmental aspects of this transformation?
* What are the measures that help facilitate the mobility transformation of our society?

Shaping this transformation can be done by thinking about and applying different aspects and measures. Without the necessary policies or regulations on a societal and economic level there will be no bases to set up a human and environment friendly ground to further develop. The establishment of useful measures is one of the main roles of governmental bodies, policy makers, and institutions who are in charge of cultivating cities and surroundings. Novel socially embedded technologies and their sinful realization are key issues to innovate the transformation process described here. This role should be taken by companies, technology and platform providers. Finally context-related services of all kinds can help facilitate a sustainable change of the mobility behavior of the people and societies. Provision and configuration of any kind of services have an impact on the change expected. This workshop tries to focus on these delicate aspects of mobility and its transformation in our society.

Some questions that we want to address during the workshop are listed but not limited to:
* What is the state of the art of research on mobility transformation, considering citizens, frameworks, diffusion and implementation, policies and measures, system learning, infrastructures, etc.?
* What is smart about mobility? What can be smarter?
* How can smart mobility and its sustainable development be accommodated in urban mobility?
* How can we research the impact of mobility transformation onto our society?
* How can we study the feasibility of suggested or already implemented solutions to mobility in urban or rural areas?
* How can technological innovation contribute to improve the quality of life of citizens in the sense of active mobility?
* How can we improve active mobility of the citizens?
* What methodologies or approaches can help to support creation, development, and sustainability of citizens' mobility?
* What are the incentives to motivate citizens to be more mobile, especially in an environment friendly sustainable way?
* What are the new services to enable and support mobility? Which different modes of mobility can be considered in existing services or future developments of services? What are novel combinations of such services? How can be these made accessible to humans?
* Which role peer-to-peer services can play in a MaaS system?
* How can the public authorities ensure that users are still moving around in a sustainable way?
* How does a certain MaaS package need to be designed and how can the mobility offers be adapted to the needs of the inhabitants?
* Which price models and intensification strategies can be applied in MaaS environments?
* How can the inclusiveness of a MaaS system be insured?
* How can we improve the accessibility of individuals to mobility services?

The list above is only a suggestion. We strongly welcome new ideas or other issues by the workshop participants.

IMPORTANT DATES
May 4, 2019 (23:59 CET)- Submissions due (all types)
May 6, 2019 - Notifications to the authors
May 8, 2019 - Early-bird registration ends
May 15, 2019 - Final (camera ready) versions of the submissions due
June 4, 2019 - Workshop in Vienna
June 5-7, 2019 - Conference in Vienna

SUBMISSIONS
The submission format is an extended abstract with max. 4 pages excluding references and appendices. We use EasyChair for the submission and review process: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ct2019
The format of the extended abstract is based on the extended abstract of ACM: https://mobility.media.tuwien.ac.at/Format-Template.zip The abstract can contain a position paper, the description of an illustration, a video, a poster, or a demo. In case of illustrations, videos, posters, or demos authors are asked to submit the additional material and files. The organizers and a small group of reviewers will review the submissions (with at least two reviews for each submission) and notify the workshop participants with suggestions for improvement. The program of the workshop will make the accepted submission accessible for everyone on the website of the workshop. The accepted workshop papers and the common goals including the guidelines or measures developed in the workshop will be published in the series of "Reports of the Research Devision of Multidisciplinary Design and User Research" at TU Wien (ISSN 1021-7363) or of "TU Wien Academic Press".

VENUE
The workshop will take place in Vienna, in the center of Europe. TU Wien (Vienna University of Technology) is located in the heart of Vienna. It has four major campus areas in close proximity and offers excellent workshop and conference facilities. More about the venue: https://2019.comtech.community/venue.html We have compiled a list of hotels nearby: https://2019.comtech.community/accommodation.html

REGISTRATION
https://2019.comtech.community/registration.html

We look forward to welcoming you to an exciting workshop in Vienna!

WORKSHOP ORGANIZERS
Hilda Tellioglu
Christoph Kirchberger
Martin Berger
Flora Strohmeier

Hilda Tellioglu
Vienna University of Technology (TU Wien)
Faculty of Informatics
Institute of Visual Computing & Human-Centered Technology
Multidisciplinary Design & User Research (MDUR)
Favoritenstrasse 9-11/193-4, A-1040 Vienna, Austria

Phone: +43.1.58801.193405
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
http://hildatellioglu.com