Sender:
From:
"Joseph A. Konstan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 2006 11:33:13 -0600
I was just informed that Don Norman, a longtime member of our community,
member of the CHI Academy, and SIGCHI Lifetime Achievement Award winner, has
been awarded the 2006 Benjamin Franklin Medal in Computer and Cognitive
Science for his work on "the development of the field of user-centered
design, which utilizes our understanding of how people think to develop
technologies designed to be easily usable."

Full information on the award can be found at
http://www.fi.edu/tfi/exhibits/bower/06/ccscience.html.

Please join me in congratulating him on this outstanding honor.

JK

--
Joseph A. Konstan
President, ACM SIGCHI