From:
Norman Makoto Su <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Norman Makoto Su <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 2021 09:58:29 -0700
Hello! Apologies in advance for cross-posts. As we get into the end of
October, perhaps you and your colleagues can consider this 2nd call for
panels at the CHI 2022 (https://chi2022.acm.org/) conference, which will
take place in early May 2022 in New Orleans. Please check out the Panels
call here:

https://chi2022.acm.org/for-authors/interacting-and-discussing/panels/

You still have time to submit your best and exciting panel ideas by
December 16, 2021!

Panels will be held in their own 60-minute session at the conference. For
CHI 2022, panels can be either hybrid (held in-person with ability for
panelists and attendees to participate virtually) or fully virtual.

A key feature of Panels is to highlight and discuss important issues in our
community. The following list is a few examples that we have considered may
be exciting for CHI 2022:
o Lessons Learned from Covid-19’s Impact on HCI Research, Practice, and
Community
o Race, Gender, Class, Disability, Culture, and Intersectionality in HCI
o Participatory Design and Community-Based Participatory Research Methods
o Augmented Reality / Virtual Reality / Extended Reality Futures
o Researcher Positionality in HCI Research and CHI Papers
o Ethical and Value-Based approaches to HCI Research and Design
o HCI and AI: Connections, Challenges, and Next Steps
o Building Solidarity among Academic and Tech Workers
o your idea here!

Please reach out to us at [log in to unmask] if you have any questions.

- Panels co-chairs Oliver Haimson, Norman Makoto Su, and Kathryn Ringland