Sender:
From:
Robert Mack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 07:41:44 -0400
CONTACT: Chris Jesshope ([log in to unmask])

Dear Colleagues,
please excuse this email if you are not interested in on-line
teaching or can not pass it to a colleague who is. It is a once off
announcement concerning a new realease of free software developed at
Massey University for web-based teaching and learning.

At Massey University in New Zealand we have been funded to develop
educational software by the new Economy Research fund. This has
resulted in the publication of this software, which is used to
develop multimedia teaching material for the web.

The software is called AudioGraph and this email is to inform you of
a newly released  Windows PC version of the software. It has only
been available in the past as a Macintosh tool. The latter version
has also been improved and republished. The goals of this research
have been to produce software that the educators rather than the
multimedia experts could use for on-line teaching and learning. We
believe we have achieved that goal and we wish to disseminate this
software to the widest possible user group for evaluation it and to
receive feedback on it.

The software is available on our unit's website at:

http://www.nzedsoft.com/

The software is free of charge, although for the Macintosh version,
you will need to answer a few simple questions in order to receive
registration keys. The Windows version is a beta release and is time
expired for 1/9/01, by which time an improved and revised version
will be available. The Mac version is now at 1.3 and has many new
features over prior releases. All details, demonstrations and
documentation can be found on the above site.

Please pass this information onto you colleagues if it is not of
interest to you.

Best wishes,

Chris Jesshope
Professor of Computer Science, Hull University -
Director, NZEdSoft - [log in to unmask]
Visiting Professor of Computer Science, Massey University -

http://www.nzedsoft.com/
http://www-tile.massey.ac.nz/
http://www-ist.massey.ac.nz/~crjessho/