Date:
Sun, 1 Sep 2013 02:43:28 +0200
Sender:
From:
Andreas Riener <[log in to unmask]>
2nd workshop on "SOCIALLY-INSPIRED MECHANISMS FOR FUTURE MOBILITY SERVICES" (@AutoUI'2013)

[our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CfP]

|  2nd workshop on "The Social Car"                                    |
|  "SOCIALLY-INSPIRED MECHANISMS FOR FUTURE MOBILITY SERVICES"         |
|  Eindhoven, The Netherlands; October 27th, 2013                      |
|  colocated with AutomotiveUI 2013 (http://www.auto-ui.org/13)        |
|  Workshop website: http://www.pervasive.jku.at/AutoUI13_SocialCar/   |
|  Submission deadline (position papers): September 8th, 2013          |

--------------------------| WORKSHOP SUMMARY |--------------------------
Successful  application of  collective, socially inspired driving mecha-
nisms requires to understand how socially-inspired cars/vehicles  (i.e.,
driver-car pairs) could make use of their social habitus, composed  from
(past & present) driving behavior, social interactions with pedestrians,
vehicles, infrastruc ture, etc. , and drivers' vital states when exposed
to other road participants in live traffic.
In  response to this  emerging research direction, the aim of this work-
shop is to achieve a common  understanding of the symbiosis between dri-
vers, cars, and infrastructure from a  global point of view (referred to
as "collective driving"). In  particular, this  workshop is  expected to
provoke an  active  debate on the adequacy of the concept of socializing
cars, addressing questions such as who  can communicate what,  when, how,
and why?

---------------------------| Workshop Themes |--------------------------
Potential topics to  be discussed  at the workshop include, but  are not
limited to:

*  Social norm in the automotive domain
*  Incentive based optimizations
*  Improvements triggered by collective behavior
*  Relevant parameters to identify/describe social status or behavior of
   a car (incorporate the driver?)
*  Modeling techniques for handling social  interaction  behavior, e.g.,
   traffic superorganism, pheromones, stigmergic behavior
*  Benefit assessment:  why should  cars (maybe  drivers) disclose their
   'social status', 'social relationships'?
*  Understanding the potentials of socially inspired C2C communication
*  Crowdsourcing
*  Driving as a "collaboration" with either passengers or an agent
*  Implementation of agents/robots for improving V2V communications
*  The  subject of  V2V communications  (driver to  driver, passenger to
   passenger, driver to passenger,  driver to agent, or agent to agent?)
*  Authentication for in-vehicle social services
*  Privacy, safety, and/or security issues related to  in-vehicle social
   services
*  Plausible types of information in in-vehicle social services
*  Cultural differences in in-vehicle social services
*  V2V communications as a personal broadcasting station (or system)
*  Other than V2V, including  V2I (vehicle to infrastructure using road-
   side units) or V2B (vehicle to broadband cloud (network))
*  Optimal protocols for social cars (802.11p, Wimax, NFC, Bluetooth,..)

Please submit  your position papers (2-6 pages in length, ACM SIG format
template;  <http://www.acm.org/sigs/publications/proceedings-templates>)
using the workshop paper submission system available at

<https://www.pervasive.jku.at/AutoUI13_SocialCar>

Workshop website: <https://www.pervasive.jku.at/AutoUI13_SocialCar>
Contact: <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

------------------| Important Dates for the Workshop |------------------

* Submission deadline: September 8th, 2013 (extended)
* Notification of acceptance: September 15th, 2013
* Camera ready version due: September 30th, 2013
* Registration deadline: September 25th, 2013
* Workshop date: October 27th, 2013

Please feel free to contact the organizers at any time.

Andreas Riener, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria
Myounghoon Jeon, Michigan Technological University, USA
Ignacio Alvarez, BMW Connected Drive and Innovations, Asia Pacific Area

For more details see the workshop website!