From:
Andreas Girgensohn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andreas Girgensohn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 09:36:39 -0700
Did you ever wonder how we built CHIplace, the online interaction forum
introduced for CHI 2002? We would like to draw your attention to our
CSCW 2002 tutorial entitled "Creating Web Sites to Support Social
Interactions". If you are interested in

a) the strategies and principles that were used in creating CHIplace,

b) the social relations (e.g., cooperation) and outcomes (e.g.,
   development of social capital) that we tried to foster and support,

c) the technologies and the Social Web framework used to develop the site,

please consider attending the tutorial and the CSCW conference where
much of the research on these and other topics will be discussed.

The early registration for the tutorials and the conference is next
Wednesday, October 16th (http://www.regmaster.com/cscw2002.html).

More information is available on the CSCW tutorials Web page
(http://www.acm.org/cscw2002/prog-tutorials.html#t10). We also have
samples of our notes (http://www.webcollab.com/course/sample-notes.pdf).

Finally, those wishing to engage in a discussion about our tutorial
should consider participating in the tutorials discussion forum on
CSCWplace (http://www.cscwplace.org/discussion/).

Alison Lee and Andreas Girgensohn
CHI 2002 CHIplace Co-Chairs
CSCW 2002 Tutorial Presenters