Sender: "ACM SIGCHI General Interest Announcements (Mailing List)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2020 15:21:26 -0600
From: Francisco Ortega <[log in to unmask]>
Dear all,

I hope you and your family are doing well during this difficult time.

In the 3DUI Mailing list, some of us started talking how to do VR/AR
experiments remotely, as in-person experiments are not possible now. This
applies to anyone that has equipment that may not be as pervasive as a
computer or a phone.

While not ideal, the plan is to use our labs as remote experiments (where
students may have equipment in their house). While this may not be the
ideal population, it will help us to get to do more remote experiments with
naive and expert users all over the world (or a particular region). In the
HCI community, we know there are people that have been doing "remote"
experiments for a while (e.g., facebook, etc.).

In the near future, we want to create a site where we can have this a bit
more organize and find a systematic way to do this.

This was a major point of conversation in the past, fully VR conference ,
IEEE VR and 3DUI.

I'm emailing the entire HCI community for a few request.

1) If you have equipment and are willing to become part of this pool,
please fill this survey: [log in to unmask]

2) If you want access to the data we are collecting among labs, email me to
[log in to unmask] with your email (must be a google email). You must be
a researcher (industry or academia) or faculty. Students should ask their
supervisors to get access to this.

3) If you want to be part of the converstation, we created a slack for
this. Email me ([log in to unmask]) for access.

Thanks,
Francisco R. Ortega, Ph.D.
Computer Science - 3D User Interfaces
Assistant Professor, Colorado State  University
"No me quieras porque gané, necesito que me quieras para ganar" -- Marcelo
Bielsa