From:
Jennifer Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jennifer Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 May 2021 10:25:19 -0600
CHI Community,

We invite you to participate in the Visualization in Data Science (VDS)
events in 2021!  Visualization is an integral part of data science, and
essential to enable sophisticated analysis of data. After five highly
successful events, the sixth Symposium on Visualization in Data Science
(VDS) will be held at a new venue, ACM KDD 2021 as well as IEEE VIS 2021.
VDS will bring together domain scientists and methods researchers
(including data mining, visualization, usability and HCI, data management,
statistics, machine learning, and software engineering) to discuss common
interests, talk about practical issues, and identify open research problems
in visualization in data science.

Submitting a short or long paper to VDS will give authors the opportunity
to present at virtual VDS events at both ACM KDD 2021 and IEEE VIS 2021. We
hope this will help bring the communities of data mining and visualization
more closely connected. We are looking for submissions of original work
that emphasize the role, application, and impact of visualization in data
science.

**The submission deadline for short and long papers will be May 20th**

For more information on short and long papers, formatting guidelines, the
review process, and presenting at the 6th VDS symposium at ACM KDD and IEEE
Vis, please visit our website: http://www.visualdatascience.org

We look forward to your submission!

The 2021 VDS committee