From:
Toine Bogers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Toine Bogers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 May 2022 08:31:05 +0000
CALL FOR PAPERS

3rd Workshop on Personalization & Recommender Systems in Financial Services (FinRec 2022)
Organized at the 16th ACM Conference on Recommender Systems, to be held in Seattle, WA, USA, September 18-23, 2022.

Website: https://finrecsys.github.io/
Contact: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

***Scope***
The FinRec workshop series offers a central forum for the study and discussion of the domain-specific aspects, challenges, and opportunities of RecSys and other related technologies in the financial services domain. The aim of this workshop is to bring together researchers and practitioners working in financial services-related areas in order to: (1) understand and discuss open research challenges, (2) provide an overview of existing technologies using recommender systems in the financial services domain, and (3) provide an interactive platform for information exchange between industry and academia.

We welcome any related topics in the following two categories of domains or applications:

  *
Recommendation of financial products and/or services, such as loans, insurance plans, pension plans, real estate, funds and stocks, investment, micro-finance, etc. This includes related aspects, such as explanations, ethical aspects, multi-stakeholder fairness, and awareness and sustainability.
  *
Broadly speaking, we also welcome submissions related to more general industry perspectives (not limited to the financial industries), such as the joint optimizations between recommendation relevance and the profits, business strategies, the balance between costs and gains, the view from different stakeholders in the industries. For example, the topic of joint optimization between profits and relevance in any domains (e.g., movies, music, etc) would also be relevant for our workshop. The topic of considering budgets as inputs in the hotel recommendation models may still be relevant as the submissions.

Please note that—besides scientific contributions—we particularly invite submissions from the financial services industry in order to foster a lively exchange between practitioners and academia. Descriptions of completed or ongoing projects, small-scale studies or open challenges are all very welcome.

Relevant topics for workshop contributions include (but are not limited to):

  *
Recommendation opportunities
     *
Financial management
     *
Portfolio optimization
     *
Investment
     *
Insurance
     *
Relevance, Cost & Profits
     *
Loan and lending
     *
Micro-finance
  *
Research problems in FinTech RecSys
     *
Recommender systems in Big Data in finance
     *
FAT (fairness, accountability, and transparency)
     *
FinTech AI enhanced RecSys
     *
Similarity, novelty and diversity
     *
Customer segmentation for RecSys
     *
Loan recommendation
     *
Multi objective FinTech RecSys
     *
Multi stakeholder RecSys
     *
Metrics and evaluations
  *
Recommender Systems
     *
Traditional Recommender Systems (Collaborative filtering, content-based, hybrid, etc)
     *
Context-aware Recommender Systems
     *
Multi-Criteria Recommender Systems
     *
Group Recommender Systems
     *
Cross-Domain Recommender Systems
     *
Multi-Stakeholder Recommender Systems
     *
Multi-Task Recommender Systems
  *
User Modeling and Interfaces
     *
Preference detection
     *
Portfolio management
     *
New Interface or Visualizations
     *
Explanation of recommendations
     *
Decision Biases
     *
Privacy and risks

***Submissions***
We welcome original, unpublished work in the form of paper submissions via EasyChair<https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=finrec2022>. Papers will be reviewed in a double-blind mode and must be formatted in single column format according to the guidelines in the ACM RecSys 2022<https://recsys.acm.org/recsys22/call/> call for papers (template available from ACM<https://www.acm.org/publications/proceedings-template>).

You can also use the template by the following list (we strongly recommend the usage of LaTeX for the camera-ready papers to minimize the extent of reformatting):

  *
LaTeX<https://www.acm.org/binaries/content/assets/publications/consolidated-tex-template/acmart-primary.zip> (use \documentclass[manuscript,review,anonymous]{acmart} in the sample-authordraft.tex file for single-column)
  *
Overleaf<https://www.overleaf.com/latex/templates/acm-conference-proceedings-master-template/pnrfvrrdbfwt> (use \documentclass[manuscript,review,anonymous]{acmart} for single-column)
  *
MS Word<https://www.acm.org/binaries/content/assets/publications/taps/acm_submission_template.docx> (we strongly recommend the usage of LaTeX for the camera-ready papers to minimize the extent of reformatting)

We accept both long and short papers:

  *
Full and Long Papers: Papers must not exceed 14 pages (excluding references), and should report research at a mature stage.
  *
Short or Position Papers: We also welcome the submission of preliminary results of ongoing research in the form of shorter papers, or position papers which discuss promising appliictions, approaches, visions on FinRec. These papers should be submitted with a maximum length of 8 pages, (excluding references).

The proceedings will be available as a dedicated volume in an open repository (e.g. CEUR-WS or PMLR).

***Important dates***
Paper submission deadline: August 5, 2022
Notification of paper acceptance: August 27, 2022
Camera-ready version deadline: September 10, 2022
Workshop (at RecSys 2022): September 18-23, 2022

***Organizers***
Toine Bogers – Aalborg University Copenhagen, Denmark
Simone Borg Bruun – University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Alexander Felfernig – Graz University of Technology, Austria
Cataldo Musto – University of Bari, Italy
Giovanni Semeraro – University of Bari, Italy
David (Xuejun) Wang – Morningstar, Inc, USA
Yong Zheng – Illinois Institute of Technology, USA

***Venue & format***
The workshop will be organized as a half-day event in conjunction with the 16th ACM Conference on Recommender Systems, to be held in Seattle, WA, USA, September 18-23, 2022. Similar to the main conference, the workshop will most likely take place in a hybrid format, allowing for both physical and online attendance.