From:
Robert Mack <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert Mack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 07:51:49 -0400
CONTACT: Julianna Barczak (see below)

CHI UPDATE
The annual CHI 2002 conference will be held in Minneapolis, Minnesota
USA from 20-25 April 2002. Our theme "changing the world, changing
ourselves" draws our attention to the profound effect that interactive
technologies have on our professional, personal, social, and academic
lives.  We will learn from past technologies to help us in our quest to
shape the technologies of tomorrow.

NEW!   This year CHI offers a new forum, the Practitioners Special
Track, which encompasses an Extended Interactionary, Interaction Design
Portfolios, and Usability in Practice.

The Extended Interactionary gives interdisciplinary teams of usability
engineers and designers the opportunity to work on an interaction design
problem in a competitive and fun environment.

Interaction Design Portfolios provides professional interaction
designers, design educators, researchers and design students the
opportunity to showcase their work to the CHI community.

Usability in Practice invites usability practitioners and innovators to
present and reflect on the results of usability work on actual products.

DEADLINES! The deadline for CHI 2002 Tutorials submissions is 27 July
2001. Checkout  www.acm.org/chi2002  for more information and for sample
submissions.

CHIPLACE!  New this year is an interactive online forum for CHI 2002.
Learn more about the conference, committee members, planned activities,
and other potential attendees in the months leading up to the
conference. Check back often for new information, participate in the
discussion forums, and make suggestions for what you would like to see
at the conference?checkout www.chiplace.org

                                                CHI 2002?BE THERE!

We apologize if you have received this message more than once.

Julianna Barczak
CHI Publicity & Publications
Tel 410-280-5044
Fax 410-280-5450