From:
Francisco Ortega <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Francisco Ortega <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Nov 2019 19:52:12 +0000
Hi all,

** Sorry for cross-posting **

As we all of us work in VR/AR, some of us have used networking (LAN or cloud). I'm working with some colleagues in networking (edge networking, etc.)  to understand what are our needs as community (VR/AR/3DUI people). We can go back as far as 1983 (at least that I know of) where Chris Wickens showed that latency greater than 50ms affected pilots and many other newer studies. Latency is always our problem. We can't wait 2 seconds when we want faster interaction.

I have created this simple survey with my networking colleagues for you to fill if possible: https://forms.gle/XqAhZvhc1VRtjFFD6

Once we complete the survey, we will randomly give 3 amazon gift cards of 20 dollars each, and 1 amazon gift card of 50 dollars.

Most importantly, it will really help us if you could answer some of the questions that we have. Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,
Francisco R. Ortega, Ph.D.
Computer Science - 3D User Interfaces
Assistant Professor, Colorado State  University
"No me quieras porque gané, necesito que me quieras para ganar" -- Marcelo Bielsa