Sender:
Date:
Mon, 25 Jan 2010 18:40:49 +0100
From:
Manuel Ortega Cantero <[log in to unmask]>
Dear CHI colleagues,

  The University of Castilla-LaMancha (UCLM) is proud to announce that the
Rector will present a Honorary Doctorate to Prof. Ben Shneiderman of the
University of Maryland (UM) on February 9, 2010 in Ciudad Real, Spain.

   We will honor Ben Shneiderman for his contributions to Human-Computer
Interaction and for his efforts to promote use of technology for betterment
of society.  He joins an esteemed list of previous recipients including
writer Umberto Eco, Oxford chemist Richard Wayne, film producer Pedro
Almodovar, and sociologist Manuel Castells (see full list at
http://www.uclm.es/honoris/)

  We hope this recognition will help raise awareness of Human-Computer
Interaction research across Spain and beyond.  We also hope this will bring
closer relationships between the UCLM research groups
CHICO : http://chico.inf-cr.uclm.es/cms/
LOuiSE :
http://www.i3a.uclm.es/consulta/memoria.php?lang=en&param_0=4&param_1=62

with the UM Human-Computer Interaction Lab : http://www.cs.umd.edu/hcil

Those who wish to attend the ceremony on February 9th should contact me.
Additional information in Spanish is below.

   Sincerely,

Manuel Ortega Cantero
Escuela Superior de Informática
Universidad de Castilla - La Mancha