Apologies for cross-posting.
ACM Spatial User Interaction 2020: Call for Poster Submissions
We invite you to showcase your demo at the ACM Symposium on Spatial User Interaction (SUI 2020, https://sui.acm.org/2020/), which will be held virtually from 31 October to 1 November 2020. Posters offer you the opportunity of engaging the audience of the Symposium at a personal level, elicit feedback on early stage work, and discuss potential collaborations in an informal manner. You will also be able to publicize your poster during the fast-forward session at the Symposium. We seek posters describing work in progress, novel ideas or systems, or late breaking results and application implementations from all areas of spatial user interaction. You can submit both a paper and a poster on the same topic, and some authors of otherwise rejected papers will be invited to present their work as a poster. Extra information such as videos may also be submitted. These will be taken into account during the review process and may be included in the final publication. This year, SUI will be co-located with the ACM Symposium on Virtual Reality Software and Technology (VRST 2020) and CHI PLAY 2020.
Topics of interest include:
- Spatial interaction techniques
- Spatial user interface metaphors
- Spatial input devices and technology
- Interaction on spatial, stereoscopic, and 3D displays
- Evaluation methods for spatial user interaction
- Collaborative interaction in 3D space
- Design and user experience (UX) for spatial user interaction
- Applications of human spatial perception to interaction
- Adaptive and perceptual-inspired spatial user interaction
- Applications of spatial UIs, such as games, entertainment, CAD, education
- Gesture-based spatial interaction
- Tangible spatial user interaction
- Multi-touch technologies for spatial user interaction
- Desktop interfaces for spatial interaction
- Multisensory and other novel forms of spatial user interaction
- Submission Deadline: August 7, 2020, 23:59 (Anywhere on Earth<https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/aoe>)
- Author Notification: August 28, 2020
- Camera Ready Deadline: September 4, 2020
* Unlike paper submissions, poster submissions are not anonymous. Be sure to include the names and affiliations of all authors. Posters extended abstracts should be prepared as a two-page manuscript in the ACM SIG Proceedings format<http://www.acm.org/publications/article-templates/proceedings-template.html>. Please submit your extended abstract in camera-ready format and include an initial poster draft. For the LaTeX version, the correct template to use is sigconf. The poster abstracts will be included in the ACM Digital Library.
* Submissions are expected to address topics within the scope of SUI, i.e., one or more of the topics listed in the Call for Papers page<https://sui.acm.org/2020/papers>. Unlisted but strongly related topics are also welcome.
* At least one author of each accepted poster will be required to register to present at the symposium. The author is also required to be available during the poster viewing session.
* SUI 2020 uses the new version of the Precision Conference System<https://new.precisionconference.com/sui20a/>. Supplementary videos are encouraged, but not required.
* In addition to on-site presentation of posters, authors will be expected to submit a hi-res PNG of their actual posters before the event, in time for the organizers to incorporate them into a VR viewing platform that will be publicly accessible through this web site. Authors will be encouraged to provide videos or other content for incorporation into the VR viewer.
For further information and questions please contact the Poster, Deme and Interaction Chairs: [log in to unmask]
Kangsoo Kim, University of Central Florida, USA
Isaac Cho, North Carolina A&T State University, USA
Tham Piumsomboon, University of Canterbury, New Zealand
Isaac Cho, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Computer Science
The North Carolina A & T State University
1601 E Market Street, Greensboro, NC 27411
Tel: 336-285-3700 | Office: 502 McNair Hall
------- NOTICE: This e-mail correspondence is subject to Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties. --------
For news of CHI books, courses & software, join CHI-RESOURCES
mailto: [log in to unmask]
To unsubscribe from CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS send an email to
mailto:[log in to unmask]
For further details of CHI lists see http://listserv.acm.org