Date:
Tue, 2 Aug 2022 20:29:25 +0000
Sender:
From:
"Dev, Jayati" <[log in to unmask]>
The Kids' Online Privacy and Safety (KOPS) 2022 workshop is being held virtually on August 7th, 1:30 - 5:00 pm ET.

If this is of interest and you would like to attend, please register here by August 4th: https://iu.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bsjoxOfLvFvwaVw. Registration is free.

Website and Papers are available here: https://cuts.soic.indiana.edu/KOPS2022.html

About the workshop:
The main goal of our workshop is to bring together the study of risks, and safety factors associated with online child crime and campaigns targeting children and teens. The urgency of research exploring the exposure of children and teens to online harms is matched only by the challenges of researching and mitigating these. There is little research to highlight the overlapping manipulation techniques between domains targeting under-18, and limited understanding of how research on adults applies to children.

We encourage researchers to submit work on the overlap in manipulative processes online, the impact and consequences of successful manipulation, risk and resilience factors that may combat manipulative processes, and intervention research aimed at promoting youth online safety. Papers on both the technical and human perspectives are encouraged. This is a highly interactive workshop for engaging in discussion and in collaborative activities to explore critical challenges and proposed solutions in this area. In addition, the discussions and collaborations during the workshop can help authors to enhance the final version of their papers before these are developed into post-workshop proceedings.

Questions:
For questions and clarifications, please reach out to the organizing committee at [log in to unmask] (Tatiana Ringenberg) or [log in to unmask] (Jayati Dev).

Sincerely,
Tatiana Ringenberg, Jayati Dev